vs. YANKEES, 7/18

OFFNY

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I wonder what he would get on the open market? You see a lot of sign and trade deals in basketball (I know, a different purpose and mechanism than this), but if you think that arbitration number is supported by the market maybe there’s a chance of swinging a deal with him in the offseason, as part of a package or a lottery ticket return.
    • I just thought I'd throw my two cents in here and a little moderating. First, Roy is Roy. He's here as a fan and to give his take. Most of the stuff I read from him reminds me of the great quote from Terrance Mann in Field of Dreams, "I wish I had your passion, (Roy)... Misdirected though it might be, it is still a passion." What is misdirected even more is when people attack Roy for anything other than his opinion. Feel free to disagree with Roy. Feel free to think Roy is off base in his reactions or posts, but do not make it personal. Roy is a friend of mine and this site, and while I may not always (or rarely) agree with his harbingers of disaster, he has every right to express his opinions. What he doesn't need is someone questioning his writing style or grammar or saying they expect more. That's a bunch of personal BS that I don't appreciate. One of the moderators here gave someone a few days break because they personally attacked him. I support that and not just because he's Roy Firestone, but because he's one of us here. He's a long time passionate Orioles fan and that's all he wants to be here so let's not start talking about his journalistic integrity or writing style. Again, feel free to disagree with Roy. Heck, I completely disagree with this take besides the fact that we all know that this team needs to add at least one starter and one or two impact bullpen arms.  But as it was stated by a few on here already, this team is on pace to win well over 100 games despite losing 4 out of their 5 projected starters at some point, and losing 3 starters for the year.  The Orioles are not going to win every game. A 100 win team is going lose 62 games a year. The world is not going to end over one game. Whether the teams loses by 1 run or 11, it counts as one game and today they start 0-0 at the beginning of the game.    
    • It’s kind of unfair to Kremer to knock him down while he’s got a good body of work over parts of 5 seasons versus Fedde and his career body of work. I like Fedde. I think he found something in Korea, but Fedde finding something doesn’t diminish Kremer. See Fedde in 2022. 
    • In the same game that Povich couldn’t make it out of first inning . Disappointing day , to say the least 
    • My point is that @Bemorewins  wouldn’t be.   He thinks we need to aim higher than Fedde.   I have a hard time believing he’d be ok with Fedde + Severino as our only moves at starter.   
    • You could argue that Mullins should have been a platoon player with a low .600's OPS against LHP in his career, but he doesn't strike out more than a third of the time against them and they let him play every day on terrible teams. Santander only got a few ABs in 2017 and 2018, in 2019, his first season of getting over 400 PAs he OPS'd .753 and .810 against RHP/LHP.  He's always had about equal splits over the course of his career. Hays didn't get near a full season of ABs until his age 24 season. He got 60 at age 21 in 2017 and 68 in 2019 as a 23 year old. Like Mullins, he got a lot of time on a terrible team in 2021 and OPS'd .683 and .897 vs RHP/LHP. Cowser at 24 is getting his first season where he's going to get 500 PAs currently at 278 he's OPS'ing .763 and .674 against RHP/LHP. The bigger problem is LHP is striking him out more than 30% of the time. He's a guy you pull for a RHB late in a game. Hopefully, that's not always the case but it's who he is right now. In 2022 in the MiL they gave him 158 PAs against LHP and he OPS'd .616, in 2023 they only gave him 99 PA's against LHP. I'm not saying that anything is written in stone, but he's certainly looked like he might be a platoon bat. Time will tell and hopefully, they give him a chance to prove it one way or the other.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now