1st Orioles Hangout VLOG! Q&A with Hangouters!

Tony-OH

I liked it. It's a good idea especially considering that you can find these type of things on youtube all the time on just about any subject. Personally, I wouldn't care if it were just a podcast type setup. The information is the best thing.

I think it would be a good idea to do something for the trade deadline. Maybe go "live" after the deadline, or have a recap that night of the days events/rumors. I don't know how much you have time for but I'd think there would definitely be an interest.

I'm not a big beleiver in podcasts but I see your point. I just don't think there is much of an audience for them, but feel vlogging might reach more people. Wonder if I could convert the vlogs into podcasts easily after I'm finished? I'll look into that.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone mentioned Twitch earlier as a platform that could be useful. Even easier might be using the 'Live' feature on Facebook as most people are already a part of the platform. I believe you can also make those posts public so you can link to them through the forum, but also maintain privacy for all of your other Facebook activities. Or just do it through an OH Facebook page.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• They do mean different things.  “The call stands” means it was too close to overturn.  “The call is confirmed” means they feel the replay clearly supports the call on the field. Joe Adell was safe at 2B.   They felt it was too close to overturn and said “The call stands” because it clearly didn’t support the call.
    • Rundown on the players Peter Bendix desired enough here to pull the trigger on a May trade. Dillon Head 10.11.2004 commanded a $2.8M bonus as a high schooler...maybe Gunnar Henderson raw material just starting his pro career. Jakob Marsee 6.28.2001, a $250k college bat, and Nathan Martorella 2.18.2001, a $325k college bat, less than half what Kyle Stowers commanded.    Mid level college guys doing fairly well. Woo-Suk Go 8.26.1998 closed for 5 years in the KBO, and has been an average reliever on his AA Texas League team opening the season.
    • O'Hearn actually has a career .748 OPS versus LHSP in 157 PA. It's the near helplessness against LHRP in 41 PA that makes it look like he can't hit lefties. He's around .080 OPS lower against lefties in his minor-league career, which is roughly the average platoon advantage split. I don't think it's some foregone conclusion he can't hit lefties. Maybe he doesn't need to the way our roster is constructed, but I think the idea he can't hit lefties deserves some scrutiny.
    • Imagine starting a pool that goes 99% in one direction, and then trying to insult other posters as “facebook quality”
    • I think that if you're looking out beyond this season, you have to add to the calculation that there's maybe a 2% chance Means returns after this season, and probably only a 0.000001% chance that Burnes does.  So the SP log jam isn't quite as jammy as it currently appears.  
    • I'm not against trading for Scott, or any other reliever at some point, but there's a bit of a jam at starting pitching for a moment. A couple of guys are going to be in the pen soon. Plus we don't have any idea about Grayson and when he'll be back.    There's always work to do on a BP for most teams, but I think they'll exercise some patience until the starting pitching clears up.
    • Fair question.  Before coming to the Orioles, vs. RHP O’Hearn had a .706 OPS (.228/.302/.414), whereas as an Oriole he has an .842 OPS vs. RHP (.303/.342/.500).   So, that’s an OPS improvement of 136 points.   Versus LHP, O’Hearn was a .492 OPS hitter in KC (.163/.244/.248).  As an Oriole, he has a .192/.206/.538 OPS vs. LHP for a .744 OPS.  That’s in 34 PA, so tiny sample size there.   My inclination is to think that given more PA vs. LHP, O’Hearn might improve from the .492 OPS guy he was vs. LHP to something like a .650 guy.   To me, that’s not good enough to bother with.  I’d just leave him in the role where he’s excelling.   
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now