Need to make a decision with Ubaldo

eddie83

There is only a month until rosters expand so I doubt they cut him, that being said they can't let him handcuff them either. If he is in the pen he needs to pitch. Right now we have an 8 man pen and he is a big reason why. I am already frustrated at the lack of a lefty in the pen but they can't afford to have him rot in the pen and waste a spot until September either. It would be a shame to only have a 3 man bench just to carry Ubaldo for the next month.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think they add a lefty to the pen by trade. Then let Roe go. I also think Wilson and Ubaldo stay in the pen and they make spot starts to give Bundy extra days off.

Will they keep an 8 man pen? I think they add a lefty as well.

We will be playing a lefty hitting a lefty through August and not have a late inning defender/pinch runner like Borbon.

I would rather have Alvarez or Borbon instead of an 8 man pen.

I think they add a lefty to the pen by trade. Then let Roe go. I also think Wilson and Ubaldo stay in the pen and they make spot starts to give Bundy extra days off.

You're right - at this point, right or wrong, it's Roe that's truly imperiled. We figure we can keep working with Ubaldo and at absolute worst, hide him for a month. I think a DFA was possible a month ago, not really now.

And in fairness to Ubaldo, he was serviceable last night.

The timing of Ubaldo getting this start and Roe pitching back to back nights is suspicious to me. I think they are auditioning both to make the case to trade partners that these are viable MLB guys that we just don't have room for. I would not be surprised to see one or both get cut eventually, and I agree, Roe would seem to be the first to go.

Interesting. On the surface, this looks like a solution, especially the Bundy angle. I'll revisit after I have more coffee.

Will they keep an 8 man pen? I think they add a lefty as well.

We will be playing a lefty hitting a lefty through August and not have a late inning defender/pinch runner like Borbon.

I would rather have Alvarez or Borbon instead of an 8 man pen.

I think it will be a revolving door between Wilson, another bullpen guy who is in the minors. If they feel they need a bench player for a day or two they will bring one up. I think Wilson might go tonight if needed and then add a Walker for the game vs Happ.

Could be. Despaigne (Despair) flopped if it was an audition for him. But I think we're going forward with Ubaldo.

I see Despaigne staying through the TOR series because he can eat some innings. Especially if we use Worley in middle relief and high leverage situations. But after Tor we need to consider a LHP for the pen. I don't think Hart can come back until Aug. 3rd.

It still doesn't change the context of the meaning of your sentence. If you had followed up with 'if it had happened' or 'if it had gone through', then the sentence doesn't read as if you had no idea of the trade that took place. It's an incomplete sentence that only has you to blame for confusion to the reader. You should actually apologize vice the knee-jerk smart-ass response.

Learn to write more coherently.

Stop trolling me.

You're right - at this point, right or wrong, it's Roe that's truly imperiled. We figure we can keep working with Ubaldo and at absolute worst, hide him for a month. I think a DFA was possible a month ago, not really now.

And in fairness to Ubaldo, he was serviceable last night.

So they let Roe go, yes. But they add a mediocre RIGHT handed reliever from Japanese league. I really don't get DD sometimes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived