vs. ASTROS, 8/18

Sessh

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A little theatre would be fun. A nice replacement for the pies.

I did see a guitarist unexpectedly bite one of one of those blood capsules during an encore last year at a club gig. I was never into that kind of thing growing up (KISS didn't do it for me, but I dug Alice Cooper). But that hit me sideways and I was wowed. I guess anything can be overdone.

The Guillotine was a big deal.

The Guillotine was a big deal.

In the series Vinyl, Alice put the guillotine to good use in one episode.

By the way, I thought I had the perfect name picked out for a band awhile back. The Guilloteens. I was too late. Some clever bastard was clever faster.

By the way, I thought I had the perfect name picked out for a band awhile back. The Guilloteens. I was too late. Some clever bastard was clever faster.

I have long thought that Faith Based Initiative (FBI) would make a good name.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/b-kvWBPU83w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He still uses it.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tonight the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> have exit velocities of<br>112 MPH<br>110.1<br>110<br>106.5 <br>105 <br>104.2<br>104.2<br>103.2<br>102.5<br>100.5<br>100.3<br>That's how you score 12</p>— Daren Willman (@darenw) <a href="

">August 19, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I think Gausman was fine tonight.He had trouble putting the Astros down with 2 out and gave up some gophers...but Im satisfied.

Only because we have 12. If we had 3, KG's performance would not feel fine probably.

If Gausman gives up 3 runs over 6 or 7 innings but the Orioles lose, then it's because Gausman "Piitches just good enough to lose."

If the Orioles score a bunch of runs while Gausman is on the mound, and he and the team win the game comfortably, then his effort was only good enough because of the offense.

He gets criticized when the offense doesn't score, and he gets criticized if the offense DOES score, but he doesn't pitch a gem.

Those are pretty high standard to be judged by.

Spontaneous combustion? Need a good drummer.

John "Stumpy" Pepys -- died in 1969 in a bizarre gardening accident.

Eric Childs -- died 1974, choking to death on someone else's vomit.

Peter "James" Bond -- spontaneously combusted on stage in 1977.

Mick Shrimpton, who replaced Bond, disappeared and is presumed dead, as his brother Ric replaced him in 1992 and interviews with Ric make reference to other Tap members saying "We're not sure we want to put your mum through this again." (Rip, June 1992). I can't find a cause of death stated anywhere, though.

In an interview on the Arsenio Hall Show in December 1992, David St. Hubbins referred to a drummer he did not name who had been accidentally packed with the band's equipment and never seen again. St. Hubbins also claimed then that the band had had 12 drummers.

A Newsweek interviewer of "Spinal Tap" member David St. Hubbins. His response:

Well, we've lost count. It got spooky. We decided we were going to make an entire album with no live drumming at all--just a computer program. And you know what happened? The computer crashed. And we said, "Walk away. Walk away."

reddit.

If Gausman gives up 3 runs over 6 or 7 innings but the Orioles lose, then it's because Gausman "Piitches just good enough to lose."

If the Orioles score a bunch of runs while Gausman is on the mound, and he and the team win the game comfortably, then his effort was only good enough because of the offense.

He gets criticized when the offense doesn't score, and he gets criticized if the offense DOES score, but he doesn't pitch a gem.

Those are pretty high standard to be judged by.

I'm judging him by the HRs and hard hit balls he gave up tonight. It wasn't his greatest performance. Not awful, but certainly not great.

Archived