8/21/16 Houston game ticket

Going Underground

Where did you find that information?

Just before 3 p.m., after an hour or so of intermittent sunlight and rain, the Orioles announced over the stadium public address system that they anticipate "a lengthy delay as additional storms approach the ballpark." Fans were removed from the lower seating bowl around that time.

At 3:25 p.m., the team announced fans would be allowed to leave the ballpark and re-enter when the game begins, provided they keep their ticket stub. Fans can also exchange their tickets for today's game, even if it is played, for one for a future game this season, subject to availability.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-orioles-bracing-for-long-day-as-weather-delays-series-finale-against-astros-20160821-story.html

Just before 3 p.m., after an hour or so of intermittent sunlight and rain, the Orioles announced over the stadium public address system that they anticipate "a lengthy delay as additional storms approach the ballpark." Fans were removed from the lower seating bowl around that time.

At 3:25 p.m., the team announced fans would be allowed to leave the ballpark and re-enter when the game begins, provided they keep their ticket stub. Fans can also exchange their tickets for today's game, even if it is played, for one for a future game this season, subject to availability.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-orioles-bracing-for-long-day-as-weather-delays-series-finale-against-astros-20160821-story.html

An Oriole official. They haven't posted it online or anywhere else.Roch's twitter did have you can exchange tickets with restrictions.

I was there until about 5, when we headed over to the Horseshoe for dinner and some gaming. I have the tickets, just didn't see the restrictions were so restricted. The team's twitter feed didn't imply that availability would be that limited.

I was there until about 5, when we headed over to the Horseshoe for dinner and some gaming. I have the tickets, just didn't see the restrictions were so restricted. The team's twitter feed didn't imply that availability would be that limited.

Call them up.I know they probably wouldn't do the Yankees or Red Sox games.Those are the games I was told you can exchange them and not all seat locations.

It does seem a little like a bait-and-switch to tell people that you can exchange your ticket to a later game this season and some restrictions may apply. Then, you actually limit them to a small number of weekday games in limited sections where the tickets are much less expensive than the tickets you are exchanging them for. I appreciate the gesture, it just seems like they should have thought it through a little more in advance and given fans a better idea of what the trade-off is before they had to make a decision about leaving or staying.

This was the message distributed:

Tickets for today's game can be exchanged for a future game this season, subject to availability. Some restrictions may apply.

All they had to do was say something along the lines of...

Tickets for today's game can be exchanged for [upper Reserve] or [Left Field Box] tickets for limited weekday game this season, subject to availability.

This was the message distributed:

All they had to do was say something along the lines of...

I agree on the way it is being done. Something explaining all this should be on the Orioles website or Roch's blog. This is different then a normal rainout.

I tweeted Roch this morning and got this reply:

I tweeted it yesterday. Can exchange for future game

They did add the 9/18 game. Also, the location of your seats govern which sections you can choose among for your seats for the new game.

Your August 21 tickets must be turned in at our Box Office windows (they cannot be exchanged over the phone or via email). Fans with lower level and club level seating will be offered tickets in the Left Field Lower Box (Sections 66-86) or Terrace Box (Sections 1-17, 55-65). Fans with upper level seating will be eligible to receive tickets in the Upper Reserve (Sections 306-388).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They did add the 9/18 game. Also, the location of your seats govern which sections you can choose among for your seats for the new game.

Your August 21 tickets must be turned in at our Box Office windows (they cannot be exchanged over the phone or via email). Fans with lower level and club level seating will be offered tickets in the Left Field Lower Box (Sections 66-86) or Terrace Box (Sections 1-17, 55-65). Fans with upper level seating will be eligible to receive tickets in the Upper Reserve (Sections 306-388).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry.Thanks.I already have tickets for that game.The Orioles should send something out.Glad the OH did some of the work.

Archived