Playoff tickets

eddie83

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got mine, Bronze package, this morning. No issues, and pretty happy with where I ended up.

One thing for folks to note - the 50/50 payment option technically commits you to buying season tickets for next year. Specifically, it says:

"By selecting this option you are committing to renew your season tickets for 2017. 50% of the cost of your postseason package will be due at checkout, with the remaining balance charged to your credit card on approximately October 13 (should the Orioles advance past the ALDS). Any credit from unplayed postseason games will automatically be applied to your 2017 Season Tickets. Please refer to orioles.com/spmpostseason for more information regarding this payment option.

The payment method specified will be used for any amounts due now and any future installments according to the installment schedule. To view the installment schedule, click on the link above. If you would like to specify a different credit card for future installments or wish to split payment for a future installment across more than one credit card, please contact the box office for assistance."

I'm renewing my tickets for next year, so doesn't impact me really, but just figured I'd flag that for people in case they're on the fence for next year and purchase their tickets quickly without really looking.

Individual game opportunities are not available anytime soon.

This .like prior years:

No, you can't just buy tickets to an American League Division Series game and call it a day. Not yet, anyhow. On Thursday, team officials said anyone who places a deposit on 2017 season ticket plans by Monday, Sept. 26 will have an opportunity to buy playoff tickets this year.

Postseason ticket opportunities for fans who aren't current or future season plan customers have in the past been distributed via lottery. Such plans for this year haven't yet been announced.

http://www.wbal.com/article/188153/6/orioles-open-up-playoff-tickets-to-anyone-who-reserves-2017-season-plan

This .like prior years:

No, you can't just buy tickets to an American League Division Series game and call it a day. Not yet, anyhow. On Thursday, team officials said anyone who places a deposit on 2017 season ticket plans by Monday, Sept. 26 will have an opportunity to buy playoff tickets this year.

Postseason ticket opportunities for fans who aren't current or future season plan customers have in the past been distributed via lottery. Such plans for this year haven't yet been announced.

http://www.wbal.com/article/188153/6/orioles-open-up-playoff-tickets-to-anyone-who-reserves-2017-season-plan

Probably lottery around the 26th or so.

• 2 weeks later...

Question regarding Wild Card game ticketing - are opportunities to purchase tickets for the possible Wild Card game already included in some season ticket holders' packages? I assume they are for full season plans, as well as maybe the 29 game plans, but wondering about others. My 13 gamer had tickets for game 2 of each series, but I assume there are others who have already secured Wild Card tix? Just curious about follow-on opportunities.

Not to be pessimistic, but it's looking like the most likely scenario, so hoping I can go.

Question regarding Wild Card game ticketing - are opportunities to purchase tickets for the possible Wild Card game already included in some season ticket holders' packages? I assume they are for full season plans, as well as maybe the 29 game plans, but wondering about others. My 13 gamer had tickets for game 2 of each series, but I assume there are others who have already secured Wild Card tix? Just curious about follow-on opportunities.

Not to be pessimistic, but it's looking like the most likely scenario, so hoping I can go.

I believe they were included for full-season plan holders. I'm kind of surprised they haven't offered them to 13-game plan holders yet. Have 29-game holders been offered the opportunity to purchase tickets for any games not included in their silver package yet?

29 and 81 game plan holders already have Wild Card tickets.

Individual ticket sales for season ticket holders for the WC game and ALDS will occur sometime, presumably next week. If I am understanding the website correctly, 81 and 29 holders will go first and get purchase up to the amount of seats they own (capped at 8) for any games. Based on availability, 13 game holders will then have the same opportunity.

So I think quite a few of the WC games tickets will be purchased by the time 13 game plan holders get a shot but how many is anyone's guess. It really comes down to how many people buy their full allotment and resell them. There is really no recent year this one can be compared to. 2012 there was no problem getting wild card tickets but there were almost definitely significantly fewer season ticket holders (even counting those that bought a plan in September). Looking through my email, I don't think they ever put individual game tickets on sale for season ticket holders in 2013. 2014 wild card tickets were never sold individually. So its hard to say how many tickets & what seats will still be available by the time it gets to 13 game holders. My guess based on past years (and the poor attendance this year) is there will be plenty for 13 game plan holders (just maybe not ideal seats).

29 and 81 game plan holders already have Wild Card tickets.

Individual ticket sales for season ticket holders for the WC game and ALDS will occur sometime, presumably next week. If I am understanding the website correctly, 81 and 29 holders will go first and get purchase up to the amount of seats they own (capped at 8) for any games. Based on availability, 13 game holders will then have the same opportunity.

So I think quite a few of the WC games tickets will be purchased by the time 13 game plan holders get a shot but how many is anyone's guess. It really comes down to how many people buy their full allotment and resell them. There is really no recent year this one can be compared to. 2012 there was no problem getting wild card tickets but there were almost definitely significantly fewer season ticket holders (even counting those that bought a plan in September). Looking through my email, I don't think they ever put individual game tickets on sale for season ticket holders in 2013. 2014 wild card tickets were never sold individually. So its hard to say how many tickets & what seats will still be available by the time it gets to 13 game holders. My guess based on past years (and the poor attendance this year) is there will be plenty for 13 game plan holders (just maybe not ideal seats).

Good stuff - appreciate you taking the time. I'll stay posted.

The Orioles are, ONCE AGAIN, dropping the ball in regards to playoff tickets. Maybe the same people who waited forever to get season ticket holders their pricing last winter are in charge of playoff ticket promotions?

I'm still waiting for a standard email send from Orioles.com about the playoff ticket lottery. Only place I've seen anything about it is from this site and on the website. Seems like something that would be important to get out there to create at least some buzz. There is no doubt in my mind that anyone who wants WC,ALDS tix will have every opportunity in the world to do so when tickets go on sale to the public. Tickets were available for ALDS/ALCS in 2014 directly from the Orioles days before the game and there isn't nearly as much buzz around the team this year.

Archived