Playoff tickets

eddie83

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the time of Tony's Take: "The Orioles are a Mediocre team"

this is what could have been posted:

[video=youtube;s2R2sH2ScBM]

We've come a long way since then. Were in a good position and hopefully we make it and wreak havoc on the other teams in the postseason.

The Orioles are, ONCE AGAIN, dropping the ball in regards to playoff tickets. Maybe the same people who waited forever to get season ticket holders their pricing last winter are in charge of playoff ticket promotions?

I'm still waiting for a standard email send from Orioles.com about the playoff ticket lottery. Only place I've seen anything about it is from this site and on the website. Seems like something that would be important to get out there to create at least some buzz. There is no doubt in my mind that anyone who wants WC,ALDS tix will have every opportunity in the world to do so when tickets go on sale to the public. Tickets were available for ALDS/ALCS in 2014 directly from the Orioles days before the game and there isn't nearly as much buzz around the team this year.

Not saying I agree with it, but I think it's all driven by the goal of getting folks to put down a deposit for 2017 plans. They probably don't want to get out in front of their marketing to try to secure new season ticket holders by putting out the "lifeline" of playoff tickets via lottery.

Just got an email. I can purchase up to 6 tickets for each game of the ALDS and WC game next Wednesday. I can't remember how it was in 2014 but I know it wasnt 6 tickets a game. I thought it was only 1 game per series if I remember but I am not sure.

What plan do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that email was sent in error. I got it as well and I am not a Bronze package holder. I am a 29 game plan holder that gets silver and I had already received an email about tickets for Tuesday the 27th.

I'm 29 game plan holder and I haven't received anything. My dad is 29 and he got the one that mentions the Wednesday sale.

EDIT: My dad also received the one about Tuesday.

I can purchase tickets at the bronze price. I can't seem to remember what I could do in 2014. Maybe I did have a chance at all games but I know it wasn't 6 tickets. I remember buying 4 tickets to a game but I think that was from the lottery. I thought I could only get 2 in 2014.

I can purchase tickets at the bronze price. I can't seem to remember what I could do in 2014. Maybe I did have a chance at all games but I know it wasn't 6 tickets. I remember buying 4 tickets to a game but I think that was from the lottery. I thought I could only get 2 in 2014.

Eddie (Eddie!), I'm a 29-game plan holder, and received the same email today with the offer to buy six tickets for the wild card game and each ALDS game. Maybe it's an error, or maybe it's a thank you from the Orioles by letting us have dibs before the public. My first thought was, wow the Orioles must not be selling many 2017 season ticket plans. We already know (or think) they had a big drop in 2016 renewals. I'm glad to have the offer (if it's not an error), but have to think this really does not bode well for team revenue in 2017 -- and perhaps who we may be able to resign in the coming years (e.g., Manny)

Just got an email. I can purchase up to 6 tickets for each game of the ALDS and WC game next Wednesday. I can't remember how it was in 2014 but I know it wasnt 6 tickets a game. I thought it was only 1 game per series if I remember but I am not sure.

Was the email saying you won a lottery spot? If not, how long have you had your 13 game plan?

Archived