Playoff tickets

eddie83

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah this is annoying. I get incentivizing being a STH, but letting them take more tickets/keeping them away from the general public so they have to pay insane markup is really shady. Really unfair to the people who don't live close enough to justify getting a ticket plan.

This has been discussed before, and we may need to agree to disagree. But from my perspective in deciding whether to renew my 29-game plan next year, SteveA has an excellent post today on this page:

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/154565-Will-the-fans-show/page58

Not only do the Orioles get a larger base of sales from season ticket plans, but it also creates demand (and ADVANCE demand) for individual sales. This is a cascading effect for team sales and revenues. I went to the game last night, and noted how many seats were empty. Of course the question in my mind was, should I really renew next year? Sure I get the ~ 20% discount, but I am committing almost $1000 for two 29-game plans. And I just last night finally used up my dollar for dollar money, and as the season's end has neared, it has created a bit of anxiety to make sure I didn't leave money on the table. Assuming this up to 6 tickets was not sent in error, this creates a TREMENDOUS incentive to not only renew, but to purchase 29-game plans. And as SteveA accurately points out, that in turn may create demand for 13-game and individual ticket sales.

I don't portend at all to claim I am a bigger fan than those who don't have full season or 29-game plans. Everyone on this board is as big a fan, some perhaps even more so. But is it fair to let me buy extra tickets to give to family & friends, over fans who didn't commit $1000 to the team? I would answer yes.

This has been discussed before, and we may need to agree to disagree. But from my perspective in deciding whether to renew my 29-game plan next year, SteveA has an excellent post today on this page:

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/154565-Will-the-fans-show/page58

Not only do the Orioles get a larger base of sales from season ticket plans, but it also creates demand (and ADVANCE demand) for individual sales. This is a cascading effect for team sales and revenues. I went to the game last night, and noted how many seats were empty. Of course the question in my mind was, should I really renew next year? Sure I get the ~ 20% discount, but I am committing almost $1000 for two 29-game plans. And I just last night finally used up my dollar for dollar money, and as the season's end has neared, it has created a bit of anxiety to make sure I didn't leave money on the table. Assuming this up to 6 tickets was not sent in error, this creates a TREMENDOUS incentive to not only renew, but to purchase 29-game plans. And as SteveA accurately points out, that in turn may create demand for 13-game and individual ticket sales.

I don't portend at all to claim I am a bigger fan than those who don't have full season or 29-game plans. Everyone on this board is as big a fan, some perhaps even more so. But is it fair to let me buy extra tickets to give to family & friends, over fans who didn't commit $1000 to the team? I would answer yes.

This is the only reason why I have a 29 game plan. I know you have fans who live out of town or those who cant front the cost of a 29 or 81 game plan but at the end of the day we ponied up money we cant get back if the team sucks. Those without plans if the team sucks isn't obligated to go to any games once a team is out of contention. I willing front the money for that right to get tickets. Its worth the risk to me.I know if they ever make the World Series nosebleeds are going to sell for $1,000+ per ticket. I cant just pull that out of my butt.

I don't mind STH's getting first priority, but it's shady to just increase the number of tickets they can buy instead of a public sale. They're basically telling us to go bleep ourselves.

I actually think this email was sent in error so I think it will be a non issue. I got two different emails detailing two different price plans sent to me which is what makes me think it was indeed an error. But if it wasn't I get why they are doing it. I think they realized they pissed a lot of season plan holders off this year and this way it will allow them to possible recoup some of their cost? Or even a further reward?

I actually think this email was sent in error so I think it will be a non issue. I got two different emails detailing two different price plans sent to me which is what makes me think it was indeed an error. But if it wasn't I get why they are doing it. I think they realized they pissed a lot of season plan holders off this year and this way it will allow them to possible recoup some of their cost? Or even a further reward?

I'm pretty sure it's not an error. From the original page about this years postseason (http://m.mlb.com/orioles/tickets/info/spm-postseason-tickets)

All additional ticket opportunities are subject to availability and will take place via online only sales. Full Season Plan Members will be eligible to purchase additional tickets at the discounted "Gold" pricing to all Postseason home games. They will be eligible to purchase up to the same number of seats as they purchased in their 2016 season plan, capped at 8 tickets per game. 29-Game Plan Members will be eligible to purchase additional tickets at the discounted "Silver" pricing to the Postseason home games that are not included in the Silver Package. They will be able to purchase up to the same number of seats as they purchased in their 2016 season plan, capped at 8 tickets per game.

All Plan Members (including 13-Game Plan Members) will then have a final purchase opportunity prior to tickets going on-sale to the General Public. Plan Members will be able to purchase up to 4 tickets to all postseason home games at the "Bronze" pricing. Tickets for this pre-sale are subject to availability and are expected to sell out.

The only thing that has appeared to change since the original is that you can now buy 6 tickets instead of 4.

ADDITIONAL POSTSEASON TICKET PURCHASE OPPORTUNITIES

Single game Postseason tickets will be made available to all Season Plan Members prior to being released for sale to the general public. Tickets will be made available on a round-by-round basis. The first purchase opportunity will include the Wild Card and ALDS games only. The second purchase opportunity will include the ALCS. The third purchase opportunity will include the World Series. A date and time for these online only ticket opportunities will be announced VIA EMAIL in mid to late September.

All additional ticket opportunities are subject to availability and will take place via online only sales. Full Season Plan Members will be eligible to purchase additional tickets at the discounted "Gold" pricing to all Postseason home games. They will be eligible to purchase up to the same number of seats as they purchased in their 2016 season plan, capped at 8 tickets per game. 29-Game Plan Members will be eligible to purchase additional tickets at the discounted "Silver" pricing to the Postseason home games that are not included in the Silver Package. They will be able to purchase up to the same number of seats as they purchased in their 2016 season plan, capped at 8 tickets per game.

All Plan Members (including 13-Game Plan Members) will then have a final purchase opportunity prior to tickets going on-sale to the General Public. Plan Members will be able to purchase up to 4 tickets to all postseason home games at the "Bronze" pricing. Tickets for this pre-sale are subject to availability and are expected to sell out.

In the event of a Season Plan Member purchasing multiple season plan packages during the regular season, Postseason ticket allotments were based on the largest plan purchased.

Anyone with a bronze package hear anything about buying tickets to the games not included in the package? I have yet to get an email about wild card game tickets or ALDS tickets.

Yea, you should have gotten an email with a password. I got mine last week and then an email from my rep making sure I got it because apparently there have been issues with people not getting theirs. So you should probably check with your rep. Its Wednesday at noon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yea, you should have gotten an email with a password. I got mine last week and then an email from my rep making sure I got it because apparently there have been issues with people not getting theirs. So you should probably check with your rep. Its Wednesday at noon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just did this....got an autoreply from my agent that he's out until Wednesday.....so I forwarded the email to tickets@orioles.com and had my response along with a password almost immediately.

The Orioles today announced two options for fans to purchase AL Wild Card and American League Division Series tickets, which will be available exclusively online. Fans are encouraged to visit www.orioles.com/postseason for a Postseason seating chart, schedule, and additional ticket information. American League Championship Series and World Series tickets will be made available for sale at a later date, as necessary.

Option 1 -- Guaranteed Postseason Tickets

Fans are guaranteed the opportunity to purchase AL Wild Card tickets by placing a minimum $500 per seat deposit on a 29-Game Partial Season Ticket Plan or a $1000 per seat deposit on a Full Season Ticket Plan by Friday, September 30. All fans who place the minimum deposit on a 29-Game Partial or Full Season Ticket Plan before Friday will be guaranteed an opportunity to purchase tickets to at least one game in each round of the Postseason, including the AL Wild Card. Fans who place a minimum $250 per seat deposit on the popular and convenient 13-game plan will be guaranteed an opportunity to purchase tickets to one game each in the ALDS, ALCS, and World Series.

To place a 2017 Season Plan deposit and view a complete list of current Postseason offerings, fans can visit www.orioles.com/deposits.

Option 2 -- No Guarantee

A public sale for the AL Wild Card and ALDS tickets will take place on Thursday, September 29, at noon exclusively online at www.orioles.com/postseason. Ticket availability is expected to be extremely limited, and tickets - which will be primarily scattered single seats, limited view seating, and standing room only - will sell out quickly. A maximum of four tickets per game may be purchased.

I don't mind STH's getting first priority, but it's shady to just increase the number of tickets they can buy instead of a public sale. They're basically telling us to go bleep ourselves.

In past years they said if you put a deposit down for next year you were guaranteed playoff tickets this year. As there are no playoffs guranteed for the Orioles yet I don't see a point of doing that yet. But if you want to make sure you get tickets get season tickets or there is stubhub.

If they didn't give season ticket holders the rights to get tickets before the general public a lot less people would buy season tickets.

In past years they said if you put a deposit down for next year you were guaranteed playoff tickets this year. As there are no playoffs guranteed for the Orioles yet I don't see a point of doing that yet. But if you want to make sure you get tickets get season tickets or there is stubhub.

If they didn't give season ticket holders the rights to get tickets before the general public a lot less people would buy season tickets.

Additional Season Ticket Holder sale is Wednesday at noon.

Archived