The Curious Case of Tyler McFarland & Nolan Reimold

Rene88

My main point is he has failed miserably to assemble a competent starting staff despite the payroll to do it. I do not question he's done a good job with depth (AM was atrocious with depth) and a handful of moves.

But I am pretty sure trading a possible HOFer (Arrietta) clouds the Kim or Trumbo move. Plus, we all know Dan will get cute and let Trumbo walk like an idiot.

Signing starters with declining numbers, and trading for a starter with an ERA near five who pitched half his games in a pitcher's park was not smart.

Arrieta, for whatever reason, was unable to pitch well from the stretch as an Oriole, and showed no sign of figuring it out.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I recall most of the board being opposed to the Gallardo trade as well as the Davies trade. You are not the only one who has been critical of DD.

Gallardo was a FA signing.

Not the only, but we are in the very small minority. But give it 6 months and everyone on here will say they have always been critical, lol....

Here's a fresh idea. Let's hijack a thread with a decent premise so we can throw yet another tantrum and bash Dan Duquette some. We haven't done that for, oh I don't know, at least 15 minutes now.

I agree that Remold's time has run out and I don't care that September is just around the corner.

Gosh has it been that long? Nolan's time has come and gone.

McFarland too I guess.

TJ made sense in that the Yanks have some lefties.

Playing the percentages sounds great on paper but he can't get anyone out. Just being left handed doesn't guarantee you outs, even at that stadium. At some point there needs to be results and outside of a handful of mop up situations there hasn't been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan has to be blamed for how little quality pitching depth we have in our organization.

It's shockingly awful how little we have in the pipeline.

His dumpster diving strategy has been nothing but a complete failure at every possible level.

This is a catastrophic failure from which we will not recover.

I TRULY, SINCERELY wish Dan duquette was toronto's problem right now.

Careful what you wish for. It could get worse. Andy M was a good GM and DD is one. But the owner is the main problem. He won't get out of the way.

I find it funny when folks think the #24 and 25 men on the roster are going to make or break the season.

It mattered today. That's not funny in a pennant race or in a 1-0 game and Ondrusek matters.

WAR is fun Corn, but these personnel moves do matter.

It mattered today. That's not funny.

Sure it is.

Team has a lot more wrong with it than TJ and Nolan.

I don't even think Bundy should still be pitching but Buck keeps sending him out there every five days, tired or not because he doesn't have any other choice.

You want to worry about something worry about the starting pitching and the outfield defense (beyond just Nolan).

Sure it is.

Team has a lot more wrong with it than TJ and Nolan.

I don't even think Bundy should still be pitching but Buck keeps sending him out there every five days, tired or not because he doesn't have any other choice.

You want to worry about something worry about the starting pitching and the outfield defense (beyond just Nolan).

Did you miss my last 12 months of complaining about DD and his failure to address the SP or doing so in an inept fashion?:)

FYI: Chaz Roe hasn't allowed a run in over 8 innings with the Braves. He's looked crisp. I get the options thing, but signing Ondrusek was a head scratcher.

I always liked Roe. When on his game, he could be dominant. I don't understand releasing him to pick up Ondrusek.

Did you miss my last 12 months of complaining about DD and his failure to address the SP or doing so in an inept fashion?:)

Since you asked me to put you on /ignore I can truthfully say that yes, I've missed a great deal of it. :P

Only reason I read your posts now is that you posted right after me.

I recall most of the board being opposed to the Gallardo trade as well as the Davies trade. You are not the only one who has been critical of DD.

I don't understand the need to ruin every thread by mentioning guys like Zach Davies and Arrieta. What does either have to do with Reimold and McFarland? It is as if you guys are trying to ruin the board.

I think Reimold should be gone he is a bad ball player. Can't field and can't hit. It has been like that for the past 7 years. I have no idea why he is on the team.

Some guys can't be called back up yet because they haven't been down 10 days. TJ made sense in that the Yanks have some lefties.

And that he had been doing so well in the minors.....not! But Chad Roe who we DFA'ed has pitched 8 scorelss innings for the Braves.

Archived