Will the fans show?

Todd-O

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stub hub is Orioles secondary re-seller.

Why does this matter?

All am I basically trying to say is they need discounted prices during school nights and they need to re think their tierred pricing for Yankees and Red Sox games, amongst other things. I have strong opinions on this topic but I think the Orioles do many things well. I take advantage of bringing in own drinks all the time.

Why does this matter?

All am I basically trying to say is they need discounted prices during school nights and they need to re think their tierred pricing for Yankees and Red Sox games, amongst other things. I have strong opinions on this topic but I think the Orioles do many things well. I take advantage of bringing in own drinks all the time.

I agree. I think five dollar day of at the box office or in an app would be perfect.

I see some think that the O's could leave town one day if attendance trends continue this way. And while I never say never, I'd say doubtful. The 4 most likely cities a team could go to are Montreal, Portland, Indy and Charlotte. Now I don't know the TV market and all of Montreal but it failed there once. Plus I don't exactly see or hear about the people who live there clamoring for another shot. Portland has a smaller metro area population than Baltimore with a similar TV market. The weathers not that great. I believe the AAA left and they almost lost the Blazers a few year back if I remember right. Indy pretty much the same with metro area and TV markets. And once again, no one there is calling for it. Charlotte same thing. They seem to be more into minor league ball. And after being awarded another NBA team, the Hornets still aren't a draw. Cleveland's having another good season and not drawing well. Less than 20,000 fans a game. Are they at risk of moving (no Major League jokes)? Tampa and Miami are more likely to lose their teams. I'd like to see attendance up since we're winning too. But let's face it, they were several factors of why attendance has been bad and we don't need to gloom and doom that the team might have to move.

I see some think that the O's could leave town one day if attendance trends continue this way. And while I never say never, I'd say doubtful. The 4 most likely cities a team could go to are Montreal, Portland, Indy and Charlotte. Now I don't know the TV market and all of Montreal but it failed there once. Plus I don't exactly see or hear about the people who live there clamoring for another shot. Portland has a smaller metro area population than Baltimore with a similar TV market. The weathers not that great. I believe the AAA left and they almost lost the Blazers a few year back if I remember right. Indy pretty much the same with metro area and TV markets. And once again, no one there is calling for it. Charlotte same thing. They seem to be more into minor league ball. And after being awarded another NBA team, the Hornets still aren't a draw. Cleveland's having another good season and not drawing well. Less than 20,000 fans a game. Are they at risk of moving (no Major League jokes)? Tampa and Miami are more likely to lose their teams. I'd like to see attendance up since we're winning too. But let's face it, they were several factors of why attendance has been bad and we don't need to gloom and doom that the team might have to move.

It would be a scream to see the Orioles go to Montreal.

I suspect Charlotte will be the place that gets the next team that moves.

I suspect Charlotte will be the place that gets the next team that moves.

Just can't see it. I mean if someone were to move their team to Charlotte when the only thing that draws there are the Panthers, it just seems like a bad idea. The Hornets are in the bottom half of NBA attendance. The Hurricanes were last in the NHL. If football really is king, then it would be just as true there as anywhere else (except St. Louis). I'd say NASCAR would still be ahead of MLB in Charlotte.

Archived