Will the fans show?

Todd-O

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is really easy. Stamp hands for the giveaway with a visible stamp. Easy and quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stamps can be easily cleaned off.

Personally I think the issue happens with so little people...it's not worth making a grandiose plan to prevent it. Besides, the team is selling more tickets...so why worry?

Most of the time, the big giveaways have insane lines, so it's hard to get more than a couple anyways.

The real goal would be for the O's to make more of them. But I digress.

Getting multiple giveaways and leaving the stadium is going to happen no matter what you do. I saw it this year in Bowie as well Baltimore. I see no issue with someone buying multiple tickets and going through the gate multiple times...sending them to the back, if there is a line.

I sell 99.9% of the giveaways I get. I might be in the minority, but I use whatever "profit" to go to more games. Hats that don't fit my big head being sold allows me to go to another game or two. Bobbleheads sold to a friend pay for my ticket to that game. Part of the reason I went to so many games this year was because of selling newsboy hats, gnomes, bobbleheads and "recycling" to go to additional games.

Stamps can be easily cleaned off.

Personally I think the issue happens with so little people...it's not worth making a grandiose plan to prevent it. Besides, the team is selling more tickets...so why worry?

Most of the time, the big giveaways have insane lines, so it's hard to get more than a couple anyways.

The real goal would be for the O's to make more of them. But I digress.

I disagree. I think taking the time to go to a bathroom to wash off the stamp would significantly reduce the ability to get extra giveaways to the point where it wouldn't be worth the effort.

Getting multiple giveaways and leaving the stadium is going to happen no matter what you do. I saw it this year in Bowie as well Baltimore. I see no issue with someone buying multiple tickets and going through the gate multiple times...sending them to the back, if there is a line.

I sell 99.9% of the giveaways I get. I might be in the minority, but I use whatever "profit" to go to more games. Hats that don't fit my big head being sold allows me to go to another game or two. Bobbleheads sold to a friend pay for my ticket to that game. Part of the reason I went to so many games this year was because of selling newsboy hats, gnomes, bobbleheads and "recycling" to go to additional games.

You really make money selling the giveaways? On Ebay? Enough that it would be profitable to buy extra tickets at face value just to get more giveaways, as apparently some people do? To me that seems like a lot of effort for a small gain, and no guarantee.

I disagree. I think taking the time to go to a bathroom to wash off the stamp would significantly reduce the ability to get extra giveaways to the point where it wouldn't be worth the effort.

You could carry a pack of baby wipes in your pocket. Really it would make no difference. And if people want to buy tickets for 15 bucks so they can get something that probably cost the team a couple of dollars why stop them?

You really make money selling the giveaways? On Ebay? Enough that it would be profitable to buy extra tickets at face value just to get more giveaways, as apparently some people do? To me that seems like a lot of effort for a small gain, and no guarantee.

I hate to give away my secret but you actually do. Its not as good as it used to be but if you are good about predicting trends or demand you can do alright.

The Manny Gnome was all fans. After my cost I made about $200 and I was able to bring my parents, my sister, brother in law and my niece and nephew. It was about 2 hours total worth of work. $100 per hour is pretty good if you ask me! It does require you front a lot of money.

Other give away's not so much. I only made about $7 per bobble head after cost on the bobble boy and bobble girl. I still earned a respectable hourly rate but it almost wasnt worth it. The people calling you names and giving you weird looks sometimes isnt worth it. haha.

I originally had 9 tickets for the hoodie give away but there wasnt much early demand for them so I sold 4 of those tickets at my cost so I wouldnt have to go through the gate so much. In this instance it was probably actually the most in demand of the give away but for fans who actually went to the game. I think Saturday is the earliest a give away ran out all year. The profits would have been there now but I wouldnt have had the time to go through that many times without help. I am glad I sold my extra tickets or I would have been caught with my pants down.

Like the other poster said though I put almost all of my profit right back into the Orioles by buying more tickets to other games or upgrading my seats for the games I really want to go to.

I hate to give away my secret but you actually do. Its not as good as it used to be but if you are good about predicting trends or demand you can do alright.

The Manny Gnome was all fans. After my cost I made about $200 and I was able to bring my parents, my sister, brother in law and my niece and nephew. It was about 2 hours total worth of work. $100 per hour is pretty good if you ask me! It does require you front a lot of money.

Other give away's not so much. I only made about $7 per bobble head after cost on the bobble boy and bobble girl. I still earned a respectable hourly rate but it almost wasnt worth it. The people calling you names and giving you weird looks sometimes isnt worth it. haha.

I originally had 9 tickets for the hoodie give away but there wasnt much early demand for them so I sold 4 of those tickets at my cost so I wouldnt have to go through the gate so much. In this instance it was probably actually the most in demand of the give away but for fans who actually went to the game. I think Saturday is the earliest a give away ran out all year. The profits would have been there now but I wouldnt have had the time to go through that many times without help. I am glad I sold my extra tickets or I would have been caught with my pants down.

Like the other poster said though I put almost all of my profit right back into the Orioles by buying more tickets to other games or upgrading my seats for the games I really want to go to.

Interesting, thanks. I'm not really into collecting anything (except my own photographs), but it's pretty clear a lot of others are.

I have to imagine your best year was the statue year.

I do recall seeing some older gentlemen leave the ballpark with a kid with a clear trashbag with what appeared to be something like or more statues.

The statue year was the best year! I just bought a house that season and those statues paid for my lawn mower all of my blinds, and so much more.

The statue year was the best year! I just bought a house that season and those statues paid for my lawn mower all of my blinds, and so much more.

Interesting that at work a couple people saw a Earl Weaver statue and gave me an Eddie and a Frank Statue respectively without me even asking. Didn't realize they had any value.

Interesting that at work a couple people saw a Earl Weaver statue and gave me an Eddie and a Frank Statue respectively without me even asking. Didn't realize they had any value.

They really do not anymore. They were selling for $80-100 when they first came out. At Fanfest the following season they were still giving them away and I dont think they are worth much more than $10-15 bucks any more .

Archived