Expanded Roster Thread, 2016

OFFNY

I thought that was an interesting article too. I would be hard pressed to lose anybody from the 40-man except possibly Reimold or Alvarez to make room for Borbon. I would not like to lose any of the pitchers for Duensing.

Thanks for the plug/post.

I'm hoping that we can use this as the ongoing expanded rosters thread for the remaining 5 weeks of the season ....... or at least for the next few days, until the rosters expand.

Just read Roch's latest. There is a Buck quote suggesting that Rickard could go on the 60-day DL. That would open a spot for Borbon or Dickerson without having to take Reimold or Dariel off the 40. But then he says he hopes to get Rickard back.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2016/08/updates-on-jones-tillman-and-roster-expansion.html

“If that’s not good, then he could go on the 60 because the date would be the 19th, so we’d gain a roster spot there,” Showalter said. “There’s a lot of imagination. (Brian) Duensing, for instance, is really 41. I think he can be in the minor leagues through the 5th. He’s pitching two innings tonight. See how that goes. We’re going to have to make room on the (40-man) roster for him. Dan’s got a lot of ideas about how to make room for who we need.

“I’m hoping we get good news on Rickard. I don’t know if anybody’s going to make better 40-man roster additions than (Darren) O’Day, Tillman and Rickard. Those are the three guys we’d like to add.”

• 3 weeks later...

o

4 OUTS: 2 Flyouts, 1 Groundout, 1 Popout

BRIAN MATTHEW DUENSING oo (vs. RED SOX, 9/19)

IP:l 1.33

H:;; 0 ll

R:l) 0

BB:)0

SO:)0

Pitches: 20 (13 Strikes, 7 Balls)

2016 ERA: 5.40

PITCHES BY INNING

13 (9 Strikes, 4 Balls)

71 (4 Strikes, 3 Balls) *

* Duensing recorded 1 out before departing in the 7th inning.

Archived