O's claim Drew Stubbs off waivers

sportsfan8703

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because people were wrong about him not being able to remain healthy so now they fixate on the fact that as a bench player he doesn't have an OPS of .800 plus.

Or, the autograph thing.

Reimold is hitting .201 with a .584 OPS since the start of May, and he's a below-average defender, especially in center field. It's hard to see what he brings to the team at this point.

Reimold is hitting .201 with a .584 OPS since the start of May, and he's a below-average defender, especially in center field. It's hard to see what he brings to the team at this point.

Yeah. If we keep Pearce, then I think he's gone. I get liking him in 2010 and thinking about him as the future, but some people just need to dig their heads out of the sand.

Stubbs could very well be a lateral move, but if Jones is hurt beyond what they let on then I get it. I don't dispute Reimold has been below average but some people act as if the team is being dragged down by his existence on the roster. I'm saying expectations shouldn't be quite so high for bench players including Stubbs, Dickerson or whomever. None of them are Jones.

Yeah. If we keep Pearce, then I think he's gone. I get liking him in 2010 and thinking about him as the future, but some people just need to dig their heads out of the sand.

But before this move he wasn't gone so he arguably served a purpose. Who was saying even in 2010 Reimold was the future? I don't remember reading that. But hyperbole is a well used literary device, so good on ya.

Because people were wrong about him not being able to remain healthy so now they fixate on the fact that as a bench player he doesn't have an OPS of .800 plus.

Or, the autograph thing.

Since 2010 he has played at less than replacement level. He is a terrible fielder and he doesn't hit very well. I don't know what he brings to the team and don't know why they keep bringing him back every year.

But before this move he wasn't gone so he arguably served a purpose. Who was saying even in 2010 Reimold was the future? I don't remember reading that. But hyperbole is a well used literary device, so good on ya.

He was good around that time, had he not gotten injured he could be signed to a stupid contract. I think he's had potential that he either squandered or was injured at the time.

Archived