The shame of the Jays series was....

Frobby

We are now tied with Detorit for the second wild card and Houston is only 1 game behind.We play Detroit(on the road ..ugh) in Sept. And we have 3 more games with Toronto(road) and 7 games with Boston still to play(home and road).

Im not crazy about our chances for the WC or any other post season shot. We just dont play well on the road.

Thanks Roy! We are making the playoffs boys!!!! (And gals)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tough to score runs batting Schoop in the 2 hole and batting a guy hitting .178 in the second half at cleanup or in the 5 hole.

It would be nice to see them bring up Mancini to give the team a spark but I guess 3rd place is good enough?

Have you bothered to look at how Mancini has done lately? It's not pretty. He's not the answer right now.

I was referring to the poster that felt there wasn't any enthusiasm at the park. I never claimed that they weren't trying. I believe between the Jays pitching and the fact that they are the better team had more to do with losing than the amount of fans in the stands.

I did not say the Orioles were not trying. Just for an important game towards the end of the season it felt like when I went in the early 2000's. Plus the Orioles are not the most exciting team to watch.

We got decent starting pitching in all three games against a really good offense. We need to win when that happens.

The time for quality starts was back in April and May. We missed the boat on that one and gave too many games away. Now what we really need is for some guys to go out there and put up 6-7IP and 1-2 ER. I'm not talking CG shut outs but geez do we never have a guy toss up 6 scoreless. Ever.

There is room for optimism. Manny's post game interview after game two, he talked about having more team at bats and battling. This wasn't just all talk. We saw that in innings 5-6 against Sanchez, where we worked him for about 50 pitches.

With jones hurt we now have Kim, Pearce, Alvarez, Davis, Hardy and Reimold that will consistently take some pitches. Hardy really deserves a lot of credit for re working his batting stance because of the bad back. He stands so far away that it makes him lay off the outside pitches because he just can't reach them and he now has a plan. Often times the bottom of the lineup will get something started and the top of the lineup will be undisciplined and just fly out to oppo field with less than two strikes. But, we could be getting there.

If you go by OPS Pedro and Pearce should be playing over Davis. We're good in even years and Davis has his worst seasons in even years. It's a shame.

We are now tied with Detorit for the second wild card and Houston is only 1 game behind.We play Detroit(on the road ..ugh) in Sept. And we have 3 more games with Toronto(road) and 7 games with Boston still to play(home and road).

Im not crazy about our chances for the WC or any other post season shot. We just dont play well on the road.

It's very difficult to be optimistic when I look at the schedules of all the contending teams. Houston's schedule is really tough but the other teams have a more favorable schedule than us. Complicating matters is the fact the Tigers and Royals still have two series left with each other making it even more difficult for us to get any separation.

We must win the Yankees series and even then the Tigers series may go a long way in determining our fate. Lose both and things will be bleak.

I think September is where we shine. Buck will make full use of the September call ups to mitigate the SP and/or BP liability and hopefully the offense can get some consistency when Jones returns. I still think we will make the post season, and it isn't panic mode yet. Let's beat those damn yanks this weekend and go from there. .

The time for quality starts was back in April and May. We missed the boat on that one and gave too many games away. Now what we really need is for some guys to go out there and put up 6-7IP and 1-2 ER. I'm not talking CG shut outs but geez do we never have a guy toss up 6 scoreless. Ever.

There is room for optimism. Manny's post game interview after game two, he talked about having more team at bats and battling. This wasn't just all talk. We saw that in innings 5-6 against Sanchez, where we worked him for about 50 pitches.

With jones hurt we now have Kim, Pearce, Alvarez, Davis, Hardy and Reimold that will consistently take some pitches. Hardy really deserves a lot of credit for re working his batting stance because of the bad back. He stands so far away that it makes him lay off the outside pitches because he just can't reach them and he now has a plan. Often times the bottom of the lineup will get something started and the top of the lineup will be undisciplined and just fly out to oppo field with less than two strikes. But, we could be getting there.

If you go by OPS Pedro and Pearce should be playing over Davis. We're good in even years and Davis has his worst seasons in even years. It's a shame.

Gausman went 6+ scoreless on Sunday. Get over yourself. Demanding 7 innings of 1-2 run ball as a minimum is preposterous. No team is doing that on the regular with anyone except maybe their Ace.

I have officially closed the books on this season. The only question I have is do they bring Duquette back for another makeover?

I know this stretch has been frustrating but this offense could go crazy for a month and change everything. I still remember the dark ages too much to write anything off.

Archived