weams

Not a Sooner. I don't understand that.

Joe Wahington

#24 running back for Oklahoma University

He wore silver shoes during the games. He is remembered for 3 things:

1 he wore silver shoes

2 he was cheated out of a heisman by Archie Griffen and

3 he was considered the greatest college running back to have never been seen

He also had the greatest game in the NFL on a monday night football game for the redskins

OU was on probation and banned from tv

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Joe Wahington

#24 running back for Oklahoma University

He wore silver shoes during the games. He is remembered for 3 things:

1 he wore silver shoes

2 he was cheated out of a heisman by Archie Griffen and

3 he was considered the greatest college running back to have never been seen

He also had the greatest game in the NFL on a monday night football game for the redskins

OU was on probation and banned from tv

No! No! No!

He had the greatest game in Monday Night Football History for the BALTIMORE COLTS, not the Redskins.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Bump…some if you may remember the compelling video from the OP when Eccel Correa learned that the O’s were going to sign him.  That was late in 2022.  In 2023, he did well in 3 DSL appearances, then struggled in 8 FCL appearances. Correa, 21 this year, made one start in the FCL on May 9 and threw five shutout innings.  He was then promoted to Delmarva.  He allowed 2 runs in 4 IP in his first outing, then threw 5 shutout innings today.  Looks like he may be an interesting pitcher to follow.  
    • The 6 man rotation sucks. You can’t just stick a starter in the pen for spot appearances and expect them to perform well.
    • I would prefer him to Hays/Urias quite easily. 
    • They haven’t even gone to a six man rotation yet, so nothing is getting ruined. And do you know how many times Burnes pitched on four days’ rest last year?   Six times.  23 times on five days’ rest.  So if the O’s go to a six man rotation during a month-long period when they have one day off, all they’ll be doing is ensuring that Burnes gets the amount of rest he usually does.   I realize that we acquired Burnes to be our ace, but I don’t want my ace (or my other pitchers) running on fumes in September because we pushed them too hard in June when we had an unusually packed schedule.  So if Hyde decides to use a 6th starter a couple of times in June, fine by me.  
    • Oh wow…I didn’t realize that Mullins and Hays have an option (Mullins has 2).
    • I agree a trade for a true MOO bat is unlikely, but an under the radar move like what Matt Carpenter did for the 2022 Yankees (minus the injury) isn't out of the question. If Elias does trade top prospect(s) it's almost certainly going to be for pitching. This team has options in house to replace slumping players and many of us want to see the team take advantage of this leverage. I've been defending Mullins due to his defensive value, but he's reached a point where his lack of offense is impossible to ignore. Sorry about the accident and hope you have a quick recovery. I can't imagine watching the Orioles the past week is helping your mood, lol.
  • Popular Contributors