Too soon... to think about 2017 roster?

Bradysburns

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He hit .313 vs lefties and had an OBP of .369 I see guys names like Reddick and Saunders on here who will cost a good amount of money in a weak class and I think Joey can have similar numbers in OBP then those guys. We have power at other positions so power not a major need.

OK, but weak side of a platoon LF makes him the 4th OF. That seems about right. .322 SLG/.618 vs RHP is not acceptable for a corner OF.

If Trumbo goes in the market, what about giving some minor leaguers a look? Remember, Chris Dickerson was more or less rehabbing in Bowie and was putting on a good show, you still have L.J. Hoes and Julio Borbon who have excellent speed, Mike Yasztremski in a corner outfield spot, or even Quincey Lattimore, who has good defense, a good bat, and good speed. Couldn't do any worse than what Dariel Alverez did when he was up...

For whoever asked, Adrian Marin is indeed going to the Arizona Fall League. Good infielder and good bat. Might surprise some people in Spring Training.

They'll either sign Wieters or pickup a vet C to mentor Sisco. They'll sign a RF like Saunders, Reddick, or maybe Fowler, and DH Mancini. Pick up another LH RP. Platoon Joey and Kim in LF.

I think the best two catchers this offseason are Wieters and Ramos, but one of them is injured with his ACL. I think we have Sisco get mentored by Joseph defensively, and Reddick or Saunders are wearing Orioles uniforms next year. I say let Kim play most of next year. I think our BP is set, because I feel Wilson in mop up duty or as a Tommy Hunter-esque long reliever is a good idea, and Wright as a BP Piece could lead to amazing results.

If Trumbo goes in the market, what about giving some minor leaguers a look? Remember, Chris Dickerson was more or less rehabbing in Bowie and was putting on a good show, you still have L.J. Hoes and Julio Borbon who have excellent speed, Mike Yasztremski in a corner outfield spot, or even Quincey Lattimore, who has good defense, a good bat, and good speed. Couldn't do any worse than what Dariel Alverez did when he was up...

For whoever asked, Adrian Marin is indeed going to the Arizona Fall League. Good infielder and good bat. Might surprise some people in Spring Training.

Trumbo is going to the market, and we'll get a pretty pick back for him. I'd like to see Alvarez and Little Yaz in the capacity that Nolan Reimold is in right now.

I think that with some slight tinkering to the position player roster (mainly, replace Trumbo and Alvarez with more balanced players) and a better starting staff (Bundy in the rotation, improved Gausman, the fact that Miley/Jimenez/Gallardo/etc basically can't get worse) next year's team could be a slightly higher talent level than this year's. Now, this year's team has overperformed a bit so I'm not sure next year's team will be better in terms of results. But I wouldn't count them out.

And of course as always, health will be huge.

Archived