Fanfest ,Saturday, January 28th 2017

Going Underground

9 hours ago, Frobby said:

So they didn't give free early entry tickets to season ticket holders this year?    That's what the guy in charge of my ticket group says.

If anyone has an early entry ticket to sell, let me know.  

If you are bound up, don't buy one. Let me know and I will get it for you.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I might have an extra one. I should know for sure a bit later on Tuesday.

If you have it, and Frobby doesn't need it, I'd really really appreciate if I could get it from you. I'll pay/trade you something for it. 

I've got 2 season tix, and taking both of my kids, so I'd need a 3rd early entry ticket to get us all in early.

TIA

Just called the Orioles.....

This is what I was just told....very emphatically....by the rep who answered the phone.

I asked about the scenario of taking my 2 kids (so 3 people total) and having 2 early entrance tickets (10 am), and 1 gen admin ticket (11 am), and I asked if there was any way to get a 3rd early entrance ticket.  She said they couldn't get me a 3rd early entrance ticket but she said.....very directly....."sir, we don't separate parents from children."  Then I sorta rephrased it just to be certain....again, she said, "sir, we don't separate parents from children."  So from what she told me, I shouldn't be turned away if I was to arrive with my 2 young kids at 10 am....with only 1 of the 2 of them having the early ticket.

Then I asked about the autograph lines....same scenario....before I could get the sentence out of the mouth, she repeats, "sir, we don't separate parents from children."

Uhhh....okay.

So........from what she just told me....repeatedly, they don't separate parents from children.  Which is great....HOWEVER, I'm gonna be a mad mofo if I show up Saturday morning at 10 and get turned away because 1 kid doesn't have an early entrance ticket...

I'm going to email my rep just to double check. 

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 3:38 PM, CP0861 said:

10 and 6

I was thinking they require a voucher to be in line.....but...I could only buy 2 vouchers. 

Not sure what I'll do....I can't imagine it's an uncommon scenario though. Obviously I'm not keen on letting one of them stand alone and wait....but I'm also not trying to pull a scam to get a free third autograph either. 

Maybe I'll call the orioles office this week. 

And we'll definitely hit the kids line also.

I'm bringing my 6yr old son with me, I cannot imagine them not letting him stand in line with me. If anything, he may be allowed on stage and have to stand in front of it as I go up, or he goes on stage and I stand at the bottom and watch him.

12 minutes ago, CP0861 said:

Just called the Orioles.....

This is what I was just told....very emphatically....by the rep who answered the phone.

I asked about the scenario of taking my 2 kids (so 3 people total) and having 2 early entrance tickets (10 am), and 1 gen admin ticket (11 am), and I asked if there was any way to get a 3rd early entrance ticket.  She said they couldn't get me a 3rd early entrance ticket but she said.....very directly....."sir, we don't separate parents from children."  Then I sorta rephrased it just to be certain....again, she said, "sir, we don't separate parents from children."  So from what she told me, I shouldn't be turned away if I was to arrive with my 2 young kids at 10 am....with only 1 of the 2 of them having the early ticket.

Then I asked about the autograph lines....same scenario....before I could get the sentence out of the mouth, she repeats, "sir, we don't separate parents from children."

Uhhh....okay.

So........from what she just told me....repeatedly, they don't separate parents from children.  Which is great....HOWEVER, I'm gonna be a mad mofo if I show up Saturday morning at 10 and get turned away because 1 kid doesn't have an early entrance ticket...

I'm going to email my rep just to double check. 

Thanks for the follow up

5 minutes ago, Justinlstn said:

I'm bringing my 6yr old son with me, I cannot imagine them not letting him stand in line with me. If anything, he may be allowed on stage and have to stand in front of it as I go up, or he goes on stage and I stand at the bottom and watch him.

Yeah...my youngest is 6, and I've had the same thought. 

BUT with my luck, Deputy Dewey will be monitoring the autograph line and give me a hard time.... 

I'm probably worrying for nothing, but at the same time, I don't want any hassle.

I just emailed my ticket rep....just to double check what I was told.  I've been down that road before of employee A telling me I'll be fine, and then employee B telling me "I don't care what employee A told you, the rule is _________".  And considering I'm coming from an hour and a half away, and getting 2 young females out of bed pretty early on a Saturday morning, I really really really wanna avoid that road. 

Welp, I tried emailing my rep twice, and both emails have been returned as undeliverable.

So I'm assuming the rep I've had for the last few years is no longer with the Orioles....I'm going to call again and see if I can confirm that and see who my new rep would be.

1 hour ago, CP0861 said:

Yeah...my youngest is 6, and I've had the same thought. 

BUT with my luck, Deputy Dewey will be monitoring the autograph line and give me a hard time.... 

I'm probably worrying for nothing, but at the same time, I don't want any hassle.

I just emailed my ticket rep....just to double check what I was told.  I've been down that road before of employee A telling me I'll be fine, and then employee B telling me "I don't care what employee A told you, the rule is _________".  And considering I'm coming from an hour and a half away, and getting 2 young females out of bed pretty early on a Saturday morning, I really really really wanna avoid that road. 

Ughh.  Glad I called.....sorta.

My former ticket rep is gone....so now I'm generically assigned to ticket services....which is fine with me assuming they are just as prompt as my previous rep with ticket forwarding requests.  I've always gotten solid service from any ticket rep I've ever spoken to or dealt with.

I talked to a rep who was able to sell me a 3rd early ticket....so I won't have to worry about the getting in at 10am question. I definitely appreciate that.

BUT....for the autograph lines, he basically said only 2 people can only stand in line for 2 vouchers....as they are trying to prevent 1 person with 1 voucher coming in with 4 kids and getting 5 autographs, which I am legitimately not trying to do.  I told him what the customer service lady said earlier, and he said that was their "technical" policy....but basically 2 vouchers 2 people.  I guess worst case scenario, I'll send my kids in the lines.....and just wait/watch from outside the ropes.  Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll let me in....will probably depend on the individual usher. 

36 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Forgets to note, that it really isn't an addition, but more of a replacement.  Takes the spot of Schoop, who was one of the main reasons that I was going so that I could get one of his bats from last season signed.

If they remove Britton, then that really screws my plans up.

Either way, should still be a fun afternoon to hold me over until Spring Training, but just wish I would have known this before booking my flight up from Florida.

19 minutes ago, CP0861 said:

My former ticket rep is gone....so now I'm generically assigned to ticket services....which is fine with me assuming they are just as prompt as my previous rep with ticket forwarding requests.  I've always gotten solid service from any ticket rep I've ever spoken to or dealt with.

I talked to a rep who was able to sell me a 3rd early ticket....so I won't have to worry about the getting in at 10am question. I definitely appreciate that.

BUT....for the autograph lines, he basically said only 2 people can only stand in line for 2 vouchers....as they are trying to prevent 1 person with 1 voucher coming in with 4 kids and getting 5 autographs, which I am legitimately not trying to do.  I told him what the customer service lady said earlier, and he said that was their "technical" policy....but basically 2 vouchers 2 people.  I guess worst case scenario, I'll send my kids in the lines.....and just wait/watch from outside the ropes.  Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll let me in....will probably depend on the individual usher. 

Yeah, the "we don't separate parents from their children" policy is kind of vague.  That could mean that they will let you stand in line with your daughters with two vouchers, or it could also mean that they won't let any of you in the line if you have two vouchers for three people.  Good luck!

When I've taken my kids thru the autograph lines, the staff were really nice and helpful.  We only had one voucher, but we both stood in the line.  When it was our turn, my son ONLY was allowed on stage, but I waited by the apron and took his pictures etc.  It was a fun experience for him, but we are not waiting in the lines anymore....and the kids line for the free stuff was awfully long.  

3 hours ago, CP0861 said:

One thing the Orioles are bad at. They should tell you your rep has left and either have the new rerp call you or email you. They never do this right. The Nationals personally call you and introduce themselves.

Also anyone heard if tickets for regular season games are going on sale at Fanfest? Heard they were but have not seen anything or promotion schedule.

3 hours ago, CP0861 said:

Hi all. I initially bought 3 10am tickets because I was unsure of what the policy was for Kids who were infants. I have been reading through and noticed that some have said that 2 and under are free. Which means I would have an extra 10am ticket. I know some people mentioned they were interested in getting one or two for various reasons. If anyone is still needing one and interested in buying or trading just shoot me a message. It's my first time going in close to 15 years so everything is different in regards to the policies or at least I don't remember this much when I was 12. I learned about the 1 ticket policy for one person rule in regards to autographs and just decided to have my wife and I split up at the 11am one and she'll meet JJ and I will meet Buck. Wish it could be different, but understand the reasoning behind it. Hope everyone has a great time!

Archived