Would you trade Machado?

dabirds

Do you not believe Manny hasnt had a role in the reason, this team has been winning games in the past season?

I agree, you need other pieces, but you build around Manny.

Yes, you can build around Manny. I wish they hadn't signed Davis and tied up a lot of revenue. My point is that 1/3 of your payroll tied up in 2 players and another 4 players in the next 1/3, leaves 19 players dividing up the remaining third. It is difficult to do without cost control players. Manny is a great third basemen with power. I don't see him as "clutch" yet. He seems to have a great relationship with his team mates. However, by now DD should have a clue as to his signability.. if there is little chance, then trade him for a boatload that have the potential to keep the O's on a winning track.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, competing against Boston and NY with their much higher revenues, I think it's questionable that the O's can afford to re-sign Manny, because they can't afford a potential miss that big. If he falls apart for a few of those years, it puts them in too big a hole, imo. Boston and NY can work around that. I don't think Baltimore can.

Honestly, competing against Boston and NY with their much higher revenues, I think it's questionable that the O's can afford to re-sign Manny, because they can't afford a potential miss that big. If he falls apart for a few of those years, it puts them in too big a hole, imo. Boston and NY can work around that. I don't think Baltimore can.

I think you avoid potential costly misses on "good" players. If he's healthy, generational players like Manny are the type you can't afford to let leave.

Last World Series was 1983... so that's 33 years. And this team was good enough to sneak into the playoffs but not to Win the series

Well to be fair, the difference between 33 and 49 is 16 years, which is longer than the dark years between 1997 and 2012, so it's not like the numbers are right next to each other.

Machado and Britton to the Nationals.

Giolito, Robles, Turner, and Rendon to the Orioles.

I'd be all over that, no doubt.

I don't see the Nationals doing that when they can buy their closer. They wouldn't be able to extend both Machado and Harper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's pretty much zero chance that the Nats trade Turner. Look at what he did last season.

Turner by himself probably has more pre-FA value than Machado, considering he's under team control for six seasons and will be dirt cheap for the next three.

Turner by himself probably has more pre-FA value than Machado, considering he's under team control for six seasons and will be dirt cheap for the next three.

I agree that Turner would be the prize here, but he's only been doing what he does for less than half a season. Manny's been doing it for going on five years now, and he's a much better bet to continue doing it.

Archived