Fangraphs: The Next Good Hitter To Come From South Korea

Il BuonO

Jae-Gyun Hwang

Looks like he hits to all fields for some power (his ISO numbers are impressive), pulls his hands in well on inside FB, and has a good idea of the strike zone.

Defensively, he makes all the plays at 3B. Ranges well to both sides and comes in well on the ball in front of him. Plus arm and looks very agile.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-next-good-hitter-to-come-from-south-korea/

Off mobile.

4 yrs/$11M (15-18) & 19 team option

He also isn't a FA until 2021.

(according to BR)

I am pretty sure he is a Free Agent once his contract runs out. It is the same situation as Chen when his deal ran out and the same with Kim when his deal runs out. They do not go through the normal service time/ arbitration rules I do not believe. At least that is generally how their contracts work.

I am pretty sure he is a Free Agent once his contract runs out. It is the same situation as Chen when his deal ran out and the same with Kim when his deal runs out. They do not go through the normal service time/ arbitration rules I do not believe. At least that is generally how their contracts work.

Chen specifically had that language added to his contract, he did the same thing with his NBP contract.

It is possible that Kang did as well and Baseball Reference missed it.

Either way that deal is a huge bargain for the Pirates even after you include the posting fee.

Chen specifically had that language added to his contract, he did the same thing with his NBP contract.

Either way that deal is a huge bargain for the Pirates even after you include the posting fee.

"Jung Ho Kang is slated to become a free agent after the 2018 season."

Source: http://rumbunter.com/2016/11/03/pirates-offseason-extension-candidate-jung-ho-kang/

It's a bargain if they can continue to keep that woman from cooperating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jae-Gyun Hwang

Looks like he hits to all fields for some power (his ISO numbers are impressive), pulls his hands in well on inside FB, and has a good idea of the strike zone.

Defensively, he makes all the plays at 3B. Ranges well to both sides and comes in well on the ball in front of him. Plus arm and looks very agile.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-next-good-hitter-to-come-from-south-korea/

Is he being posted this offseason?

Don't know yet.

from MLBTR:

Korean third-baseman Jae-gyun Hwang will host a showcase for interested teams in Florida on Nov. 21, tweets Morosi. The 29-year-old didn’t draw a bid when posted last offseason but delivered another very strong season in the KBO this year. Hwang hit a career-best 27 homers and posted a .335/.394/.570 line with dramatically improved K/BB numbers in 2016 and could be a relatively low-cost option at the hot corner this winter.

Archived