The Detroit Tigers Effect

Camden_yardbird

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I understand your reluctance but if we all agree our window closes in 2 years with the Big Exit (Dan, Buck, Manny), why not go for it now? Sale, Gausman and Tillman would be Death in the AL East. Just my two cents.

I think Bundy, Gausman and Tillman will be a very strong front 3 SP.

IMO, they are lacking a STUD at COF and a decent catcher behind the plate.

I understand your reluctance but if we all agree our window closes in 2 years with the Big Exit (Dan, Buck, Manny), why not go for it now? Sale, Gausman and Tillman would be Death in the AL East. Just my two cents.

It would be dominant, but we lose Bundy, Sisco (Catching depth we sorely need), Mancini (Mini Trumbo), and Mountcastle (the future). That's a lot of pieces in the future that I'm not willing to part with.

If Sox added Bradley, that would do it I'm guessing. What I'm reading here in Boston is ChiSox want an outfielder. That might kill our chances. I wonder if Bundy, Sisco, Mancini and Mountcastle would work?

Bundy/Sisco/Mancini/Mountcasle isn't on the same planet as Moncada/Kopech/Devers.

It would be dominant, but we lose Bundy, Sisco (Catching depth we sorely need), Mancini (Mini Trumbo), and Mountcastle (the future). That's a lot of pieces in the future that I'm not willing to part with.

We would be stealing Chris Sale from the White Sox with that package. DD would faint if they offered him that. There's no way someone wouldn't offer something way better.

I dont want to deal him either, but IMO, I think Bundy is probably a hair better than Gausman, but I think both are going to be STUDs.

Gausman has to keep using that third pitch to really knock it out of the park. Bundy will take a couple years for him to really be great, whereas I think Gausman is on the cusp of being great.

Gausman has to keep using that third pitch to really knock it out of the park. Bundy will take a couple years for him to really be great, whereas I think Gausman is on the cusp of being great.

He has more big league experience, their stats were eerie similar.

Bundy has more growing to do, as a big league pitcher, but he does have nasty good stuf, but I think will end up a hair better than Gausman.

It will be much like the 1971 Orioles and discussing which of the big 4 SP was better than the other, they all were pretty damn good.

I thought this was going to be a thread about "What if The Tigers had Traded for Miller in 2014?"

How we lose to them in the ALDS that series but have Ed Rod now. Meaning we probably don't sign Gallardo or trade for Miley. So we'd have Ed Rod, 1st rd pick in 2015, and Ariel Miranda. Plus 20+ million in cash off the books right now.

But enough joking, Mancini can DH. Pedro Alvarez is probably an easy re-sign. We need a RF. They have some nice pieces. I just don't see how we could make something work. Maybe this...

O's get: Upton, Kinsler(plays 3rd, Manny to SS)

Tigers get: Brach, Hardy, comp pick, Sisco, Scott

Chris Sale reminds me of Bedard in the sense that's he's affordable, but someone will give up an Adam Jones/Chris Tillman type package with some BP pieces to get him. He just is a train robbery waiting to happen.

Chris Sale reminds me of a guy who's arm is waiting to explode. Every time I watch him.

Archived