The Detroit Tigers Effect

Camden_yardbird

I thought this was going to be a thread about "What if The Tigers had Traded for Miller in 2014?"

How we lose to them in the ALDS that series but have Ed Rod now. Meaning we probably don't sign Gallardo or trade for Miley. So we'd have Ed Rod, 1st rd pick in 2015, and Ariel Miranda. Plus 20+ million in cash off the books right now.

But enough joking, Mancini can DH. Pedro Alvarez is probably an easy re-sign. We need a RF. They have some nice pieces. I just don't see how we could make something work. Maybe this...

O's get: Upton, Kinsler(plays 3rd, Manny to SS)

Tigers get: Brach, Hardy, comp pick, Sisco, Scott

Too much salary coming back. And I have not heard anything about upton on the block.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Too much salary coming back. And I have not heard anything about upton on the block.

It's the offseason. Gotta throw something out there. Kinsler and Upton make 33 million combined next year. Brach and Hardy make 17 million next year. 16 million is pretty much what a RF would cost.

Plus Kinsler has a relatively bargain option for 2018 and Hardy's option will vest and he'll cost 14 million in 2018.

Only way the Tigers do this is if they want to get out of the big deal they gave Upton. We do this because Upton and Kinsler upgrade our offense with only costing 16 million extra in payroll. We'd give up valuable LT assets but it sure would be a fun 2 years with Kinsler.

1. Kinsler R 3B

2. Machado R SS

3. Davis L 1B

4. Upton R RF

5. Jones R CF

6. P.Alvarez L DH

7. Schoop R 2B

8. Kim L LF

9. Joseph R C

Just for fun.

I thought this was going to be a thread about "What if The Tigers had Traded for Miller in 2014?"

How we lose to them in the ALDS that series but have Ed Rod now. Meaning we probably don't sign Gallardo or trade for Miley. So we'd have Ed Rod, 1st rd pick in 2015, and Ariel Miranda. Plus 20+ million in cash off the books right now.

But enough joking, Mancini can DH. Pedro Alvarez is probably an easy re-sign. We need a RF. They have some nice pieces. I just don't see how we could make something work. Maybe this...

O's get: Upton, Kinsler(plays 3rd, Manny to SS)

Tigers get: Brach, Hardy, comp pick, Sisco, Scott

Trade Schoop instead of Hardy and it might work.

He has more big league experience, their stats were eerie similar.

Bundy has more growing to do, as a big league pitcher, but he does have nasty good stuf, but I think will end up a hair better than Gausman.

It will be much like the 1971 Orioles and discussing which of the big 4 SP was better than the other, they all were pretty damn good.

Oh yeah, no question. It's going to be interesting to see what happens with both of them.

Archived