Dan Duquette: Chris Tillman Extension 'Something We Can Explore Again'

PressBoxOnline

Dan Duquette discusses the Orioles' options at catcher, Chris Tillman's future and a potential internal candidate to fill the pitching coach vacancy.

https://www.pressboxonline.com/2016/11/21/orioles-gm-dan-duquette-chris-tillman-extension-something-we-can-explore-again

If it doesn't hinder us keeping Britton and or Machado, I'm for it

I think we need to make a strong effort to keep Tillman. He's proven he can pitch effectively and win in OPACY and the AL East. I'd rather pay him than some pitcher who comes from outside our division and hasn't shown he can succeed here.

Didn't Tillman want Porcello money last time this was discussed. This is just like the Chen situation. He's about to get paid. Hopefully we hang onto him and make a playoff run with him. But if we're out of it he should be traded for prospects.

It's going to start to get real depressing watching player after player leave. DD and Buck have turned us into a winner. Now it's time to have some long term vision and start wrapping guys up before they get near FA.

Didn't Tillman want Porcello money last time this was discussed. This is just like the Chen situation. He's about to get paid. Hopefully we hang onto him and make a playoff run with him. But if we're out of it he should be traded for prospects.

It's going to start to get real depressing watching player after player leave. DD and Buck have turned us into a winner. Now it's time to have some long term vision and start wrapping guys up before they get near FA.

Tillman want's Porcello money? Dude will get Jason Hammel money at best.

Archived