Orioles interested in Curtis Granderson? (Heating up with Brach as a target)

Tony-OH

I'd still push harder for Fowler first.  But I think Granderson's pop would play well at Camden Yards, and his speed on a corner OF would help after last year's debacle with a lack of speed flanking Jones on either side.  If the O's can give up one of the aforementioned pitchers for him, I'm good with it.

I'd really prefer Fowler though.  Hell get them both then!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd offer the Mets Jimenez and Drake for Granderson.  

Sure, some here are undervaluing Granderson, but I wouldn't undervalue Ubaldo either.  He had positive WAR in both 2015 and 2016 in one of the most hitter-friendly AL parks.  If I'm the Mets, Ubaldo is relatively cheap, low-commitment insurance for all the SP coming off injury, and he can always be traded or DFAed if one of their youngsters is beating down the door mid-2017.  

19 hours ago, FanSince88 said:

I'd offer the Mets Jimenez and Drake for Granderson.  

Sure, some here are undervaluing Granderson, but I wouldn't undervalue Ubaldo either.  He had positive WAR in both 2015 and 2016 in one of the most hitter-friendly AL parks.  If I'm the Mets, Ubaldo is relatively cheap, low-commitment insurance for all the SP coming off injury, and he can always be traded or DFAed if one of their youngsters is beating down the door mid-2017.  

I'm not sure that does it.  I don't think the Mets are going to be willing to offset that much of his salary.  At 1/15 Granderson is getting paid close to what he's probably worth this season, he's not quite a salary dump.  If they take Jimenez on they will want a nice prospect certainly, or someone like Givens.  

35 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

I'm not sure that does it.  I don't think the Mets are going to be willing to offset that much of his salary.  At 1/15 Granderson is getting paid close to what he's probably worth this season, he's not quite a salary dump.  If they take Jimenez on they will want a nice prospect certainly, or someone like Givens.  

I would counter with Brach. 

33 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

I'd rather sign someone like Pagan or Joyce, keep my pen intact and not take on excess salary I can use for a veteran C.

Joyce signed with Oakland I believe. I believe Pagan is the Orioles main target, though I'd rather have Revere. I think the Orioles are sitting back and waiting for Weiters to take a 2 year deal to come back. I don't expect much this offseason.

Just now, Dark Helmet said:

Joyce signed with Oakland I believe. I believe Pagan is the Orioles main target, though I'd rather have Revere. I think the Orioles are sitting back and waiting for Weiters to take a 2 year deal to come back. I don't expect much this offseason.

They could sign Revere and Pagan, moving Kim to dh. I think that would be ideal for OF defense.  

i would love to have Conforto, but either the way the Mets seem like a perfect fit given the strength of our bullpen. 

Go big - Britton / Jimenez for Conforto / Wheeler

or 

Go small - O'Day for Granderson

According to Joel Sherman of the New York Post, the Mets are willing to listen to trade offers on outfielder Michael Conforto.

With Yoenis Cespedes back in the fold, the club now has the flexibility to be creative in order to fill their other needs. They'd certainly prefer to deal Curtis Granderson or Jay Bruce, but Conforto could fetch a much better return. Their priority at the winter meetings seems to be adding at least one, if not two, late-inning relievers.

Archived