Should the Orioles entertain the idea of Bautista?

Tony-OH

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am glad Bautista's tenure with the Orioles ended as quickly as it did.  I don't want a reunion.  I think he is the captain of a very small and select team of players in MLB that I wouldn't want despite stats or money. 

On 12/6/2016 at 1:04 AM, El Gordo said:

People hopinG we extend Manny are like the ones dreaming we'd sign Teixeira. Put down the pipe. I'd give Fowler 4/72M before I'd give Trumbo 4/55M

Gulp. I was one of the people hoping we'd sign Teixeira. At the time, I'm not sure why anyone wouldn't have wanted to sign him. But I definitely agree with you on the Fowler over Trumbo remark.

Still, I would be saddened by the loss of Manny, who I believe is the best player on our team by orders of magnitude. And he's a true-blue Oriole product.

7 minutes ago, Machado13 said:

Dear god no. Stay away from this bad attitude, scum cheater 

Remember that time he threw the bat?  Who does that?  And how about when he made anti-Semitic remarks in NYC?  What a psycho!  And then there was his 50 game suspension for amphetamines, who could root for him after that?  And of course worst of all was the time he spit on an ump!  Just terrible

1 hour ago, Ruzious said:

Btw, given Bautista's likely defensive decline, wouldn't it make more sense to go after Encarnacion - even if EE would likely be used primarily as a DH here?  

Wasn't Davis passable on RF a few years back? Most likely better than Trumbo. Has a strong arm. Put Davis in RF and Mancini at 1B. EE to DH.

1 hour ago, Dark Helmet said:

Wasn't Davis passable on RF a few years back? Most likely better than Trumbo. Has a strong arm. Put Davis in RF and Mancini at 1B. EE to DH.

Davis played some RF last year too.  Davis is our 3rd best athlete behind Machado and Jones.  Mancini is a ? with the bat vs RHP and has ? defense.  

Even if we did sign Joey Bats he'd probably be on the DL his whole contract here.    

Archived