Wilson Ramos agrees with Rays

Dark Helmet

I'd take Wieters back on a 2/20 deal......maybe even 2/25.  Not interested in three years when our no. 1 prospect is a catcher and close to Major League ready.  

I'm sure Ramos injury kept his value down, but the fact that he even got a deal at all (a two year one at that) leads me to believe that they feel he will be healthy for most of it not all of 2016.  

3 hours ago, ChuckS said:

I'd take Wieters back on a 2/20 deal......maybe even 2/25.  Not interested in three years when our no. 1 prospect is a catcher and close to Major League ready.  

I'm sure Ramos injury kept his value down, but the fact that he even got a deal at all (a two year one at that) leads me to believe that they feel he will be healthy for most of it not all of 2016.  

Could also be that even half a season of Ramos's bat is viewed as enough of an upgrade for them to rely on him as a DH and slowly let him get back behind the plate and see what he can do in season 2.

Gives Ramos a chance to prove he got over his injury (one that is usually classified as a "2 year injury" anyway) and gives the Rays a cheap option if he either tanks or goes back to his old self.

Archived