Jarrod Dyson is the latest hot topic

25 Nuggets

By Charlie Wilmoth | December 7, 2016 at 5:26pm CDT

The Orioles have recently spoken to the Royals about outfielder Jarrod Dyson, FanRag’s Jon Heyman tweets. (The Athletics emerged yesterday as another possible suitor for the Royals, and Heyman identified the Orioles and Rangers as other possibilities.) Dyson is a free agent after next season, and the Royals might look to deal him as they plan their way ahead. For the Orioles or for whichever team acquires him, he’ll be a cheap, versatile, lefty-swinging outfield option who brings outstanding baserunning and defense.

There's some traction here - Heyman seems to be all over this like a cheap suit.

The fit is obvious, and the Orioles may actually have something to trade for his guy, who is not expected to bring the Royals that big a return.  So here are the questions:

1) Who do you think the Royals are asking for, and

2) Who would you trade for Dyson, if you were to make an offer?

Eh, Dyson is okay I guess.  He's 32, and has never played more than 120 games (any only more than 100 3 times).  If he was pushed into an everyday role, would his numbers hold up?  His OBP is okay.  I dunno, I probably wouldn't want him for anything more than Christian Walker and maybe another prospect outside of our top 10.

5 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Mancini for Dyson sounds an awful like Valencia for Lough.  We all know how that worked out.  

Dyson is a lot better than Lough. And I don't really see Mancini as a guy the Royals would be targeting since they have Hosmer and want to keep him. I would imagine they'd be looking more for a pitching prospect of some sort, but we'll see.

16 minutes ago, Moondoggie said:

Dyson is a lot better than Lough. And I don't really see Mancini as a guy the Royals would be targeting since they have Hosmer and want to keep him. I would imagine they'd be looking more for a pitching prospect of some sort, but we'll see.

I'm not so sure about this.  Hosmer is one of seven Royals that will be free agents after this coming season, and from what I've read, they are actively seeking trades on all of them.  Their budget can't withstand the salaries these seven figure to get next winter, and even offering QO's to these players is considered to be too risky for their budget.  Have you seen anything that has changed that?

9 hours ago, 25 Nuggets said:

By Charlie Wilmoth | December 7, 2016 at 5:26pm CDT

There's some traction here - Heyman seems to be all over this like a cheap suit.

The fit is obvious, and the Orioles may actually have something to trade for his guy, who is not expected to bring the Royals that big a return.  So here are the questions:

1) Who do you think the Royals are asking for, and

2) Who would you trade for Dyson, if you were to make an offer?

I don't se this guy as a big help, I wouldn't trade for him The dude can't hit.

Archived