Orioles Officially sign Catcher Welington Castillo

Machado13

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

I don't mind Revere as buy low/rebound guy for LF, but I wouldn't want him to be the everyday RF.  His arm is really weak.  I think I could go first to third on him.

Revere in LF versus RHP.  Kim to DH versus RHP.  Kim to LF versus LHP and Mancini to DH. 

Saunders/Rickard platoon in RF.  I could live with this.

It creates some options.  Saunders does okay against lefties so if Revere struggles or Kim can't hit lefties you can give him or Rickard some more starts.   

19 minutes ago, Number5 said:

Here is FanRag Sports website:

http://www.fanragsports.com/mlb/

I don't see any mention of this, and I don't see any mention of a writer named Robert Murray.  Odd that after several hours, we have nothing on MLBTR, or anywhere else that I have seen.  Not saying the report is false, but I'm beginning to have my doubts.

Right here

http://www.fanragsports.com/news/murray-orioles-welington-castillo-building-toward-deal/

36 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

I don't mind Revere as buy low/rebound guy for LF, but I wouldn't want him to be the everyday RF.  His arm is really weak.  I think I could go first to third on him.

As the board Nats fan I am pretty sure that poster has not watched Revere on an every day basis. He was AWFUL last year. Just terrible. I never want to see him again, LOL. He is worth a flyer as a buy low guy, but as you said, no way do you pencil him in as an everyday player. If we do, get ready for a long season.

2 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

As the board Nats fan I am pretty sure that poster has not watched Revere on an every day basis. He was AWFUL last year. Just terrible. I never want to see him again, LOL. He is worth a flyer as a buy low guy, but as you said, no way do you pencil him in as an everyday player. If we do, get ready for a long season.

You saw Revere at his worst.  Speed guy with a nagging oblique.  If that has healed, then he could be a contributor.

I hope they get this Castillo thing wrapped up this weekend.

Archived