Orioles Officially sign Catcher Welington Castillo

Machado13

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, FlipTheBird said:

I'm sure before any ink is dry they'll give Wieters one more shot. It's just good business. Doesn't meant he'll capitulate to their demands, though.

Who knows with Boras.  I'm sure they'll go to MW with an offer after they're near a deal with someone else.  That could be going on right now with Castillo.  I don't think we should wait a month to sign a C.  Boras likes to do package deals with his guys.  Right now there isn't too much of a market for former Oriole/Boras client, Pedro Alvarez.  3/27 for MW and 2/14 for Pedro sounds really fair right now.  

Jason Castro got 3/24.5

Steve Pearce got 2/12

10 minutes ago, Number5 said:

Only in that both Murray and Heyman work at FanRagSports.  Heyman is not connected to this story, that I have seen.

No. It's just where Heyman works. No idea if other folks there post fake stories. 

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Who knows with Boras.  I'm sure they'll go to MW with an offer after they're near a deal with someone else.  That could be going on right now with Castillo.  I don't think we should wait a month to sign a C.  Boras likes to do package deals with his guys.  Right now there isn't too much of a market for former Oriole/Boras client, Pedro Alvarez.  3/27 for MW and 2/14 for Pedro sounds really fair right now.  

Jason Castro got 3/24.5

Steve Pearce got 2/12

I think the package deal thing is a myth, with no factual basis. 

Having an "insider" around certainly makes for a more fun offseason.  Our local reporters don't really break anything and definitely won't stir the pot too much.  Plus our offseason's just move so slow, which I guess is what you have to do when you don't have unlimited cash or a farm system.  

Archived