Report: Orioles Show Interest in Moss

Rene88

3 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Assuming Rickard is healthy, he has a big advantage, batting from the right side and putting up strong numbers again LHP's.   In fact, if it's a competion between the two, I'd already say "no contest!".    If Smith and Kim are on the corners and even moreso if the Orioles sign another LH hitter like Alvarez or Moss, Rickard makes infinitely more sense.

Two things may favor Tavarez: (1) he may prove to be a significantly better defender, and (2) Rickard has options.   But I agree that having a RH hitter makes more sense, and I think Rickard can be a much better defender than last year's numbers indicate.  

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Two things may favor Tavarez: (1) he may prove to be a significantly better defender, and (2) Rickard has options.   But I agree that having a RH hitter makes more sense, and I think Rickard can be a much better defender than last year's numbers indicate.  

Thank you, Frobby.  Have always put credence in what you have to say.  You have given some good answers to my questions.  I agree about keeping Rickard, especially if they sign Moss.  Hate losing Tavares back to Boston, but, oh well....Now, what's the plan for Mancini, if  both Trumbo and Moss are on board?

Archived