Mike Wright Preparing In Case Orioles Need Another Starter

PressBoxOnline

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We gave away Drake way too soon. He's got good numbers for the Brewers. He obviously was never a Buck guy. Even with averaging a k per inning he never got a good look up here.   But heck, let's keep running Ubaldo out there when it is clear that Asher has better stuff than him. 

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We gave away Drake way too soon. He's got good numbers for the Brewers. He obviously was never a Buck guy. Even with averaging a k per inning he never got a good look up here.   But heck, let's keep running Ubaldo out there when it is clear that Asher has better stuff than him. 

1.94 would be a good era.  However, a pitcher with a 1.94 whip does not have good numbers. 

So we reward Verrett by sending him down? Why? Bleir is fresh. I think that's disrespectful.

Anyone know how the money works? Verrett comes up and wins a game and yet he only gets paid one day at 500k and now has to back to making like less than 50k?
Each day they are in the big league would be a huge money difference right?

35 minutes ago, Rojo13 said:

So we reward Verrett by sending him down? Why? Bleir is fresh. I think that's disrespectful.

Anyone know how the money works? Verrett comes up and wins a game and yet he only gets paid one day at 500k and now has to back to making like less than 50k?
Each day they are in the big league would be a huge money difference right?

It's just how it works when you are the 6th or 7th man in the bullpen. He wouldn't be able to be used today and at this point all the pitching is suspect.

3 hours ago, Rene88 said:

The Orioles should give it to him. Depending on the cost, he is rested. He might give you 10-15 decent starts before he flames into oblivion.

If he went unemployed for the entire month of April, than there must be more going on there. There are more teams than just the Os that could use starters but the whole league is wary of him.

3 hours ago, Rene88 said:

I got a few texts today from O's friend's saying something to the effect of "Wright? WTF".

My thoughts exactly. I have seen bits of 2 of his starts and he looks like a deer in the headlights. Wright has looked bad even for Wright standards.

He needs to be moved to the bp down there. I think the O's are looking for one of these guys to get lit up, so they can pass them through waivers honestly.

Yacabonis actually deserves a promotion (not on 40-man).

Richard Rodriquez is pitching well (not on 40 man).

Tanner Scott-12 innings, 17 k's, 5 walks. I guess something has clicked (hope to see him soon at a game) (is not on 40-man, but he better be, because someone is going to pluck him in the first pick of the rule 5 next year).

Also on a side note, not sure what they see in Crighton to put him on 40-man so soon. That move puzzles me.

There is no reason to worry about Scott not being added by the fall.

And Wright could literally be up for the day and will be sent out tomorrow for Britton.

1 hour ago, Crazysilver03 said:

There is no reason to worry about Scott not being added by the fall.

And Wright could literally be up for the day and will be sent out tomorrow for Britton.

That is what I am thinking. He is one and done? 

• 1 month later...

o

He didn't start, but he did a very solid job in long relief of Wade Miley.

10 OUTS: o 4 Groundouts, 3 Strikeouts, 2 Flyouts, 1 Popout

DENNIS MICHAEL WRIGHT )))))) (vs. PIRATES, 6/07) )) [ 

IP:).lll) 3.33 )  * 

H:.llllllll 1 (1 Single) ll

R:.ll.lllll 0

BB:.)llll0

SO:)llll 3

Pitches: l) 41 )(29 )Strikes, )12 )Balls)

2017 ERA: l) 5.40

2017 WHIP: l) 0.960 )  8.33  IP (8 H/BB)

2017 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: l) .219)  7 for 32

*  Wright entered the game with runners on 1st and 2nd base and 2 Outs in the 3rd inning.

PITCHES BY INNING

71 ll(41 .Strikes, ll3 .llBalls) )  *  

12  l(10 llStrikes, .)2 l.lBalls)  

71 .l(61 llStrikes, l.1 .)lBalls)

15  )(91 )Strikes, l.6 ..lBalls)  

*  Wright recorded 1 out upon entering the game in the 3rd inning.

o

2 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

He didn't start, but he did a very solid job in long relief of Wade Miley.

10 OUTS: o 4 Groundouts, 3 Strikeouts, 2 Flyouts, 1 Popout

DENNIS MICHAEL WRIGHT )))))) (vs. PIRATES, 6/07) )) [ 

IP:).lll) 3.33 )  * 

H:.llllllll 1 (1 Single) ll

R:.ll.lllll 0

BB:.)llll0

SO:)llll 3

Pitches: l) 41 )(29 )Strikes, )12 )Balls)

2017 ERA: l) 5.40

2017 WHIP: l) 0.960 )  8.33  IP (8 H/BB)

2017 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: l) .219)  7 for 32

*  Wright entered the game with runners on 1st and 2nd base and 2 Outs in the 3rd inning.

PITCHES BY INNING

71 ll(41 .Strikes, ll3 .llBalls) )  *  

12  l(10 llStrikes, .)2 l.lBalls)  

71 .l(61 llStrikes, l.1 .)lBalls)

15  )(91 )Strikes, l.6 ..lBalls)  

*  Wright recorded 1 out upon entering the game in the 3rd inning.

o

o

I'm not sure that tonight's comeback win would have been possible without this gap-bridging effort from Wright.

o

Archived