Mike Wright Preparing In Case Orioles Need Another Starter

PressBoxOnline

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I was a little surprised Wright started last night.    That extends by 1-2 days the date that he'll be available to pitch for us.    He would have been eligible for a call-up on Sept. 5.   I guess it's not that big a deal.

Per DD:

"The bottom line, of course, is that the Orioles’ biggest need down the stretch is starting pitching, and Duquette is still banking on his current staff to improve. That’s not exactly been a recipe for success in 2017. But that’s the risk he’s taking.

“I have been expecting the veteran pitchers on this staff to step up and pitch the way they are capable of all year and we have one more month to go,” Duquette said. “So that’s still my expectation and hope that they step up and make contributions like they have in the past.”

http://www.baltimorebaseball.com/2017/09/02/myriad-orioles-thoughts-gentry-hurt-crazy-1-0-win-no-trade-hardy-delayed-special-wish/

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

I was a little surprised Wright started last night.    That extends by 1-2 days the date that he'll be available to pitch for us.    He would have been eligible for a call-up on Sept. 5.   I guess it's not that big a deal.

Wright was optioned on August 28th.  His 10 days expire on the 7 or 8th.  So him pitching on Sept 1st did no affect his call up.

Just now, wildcard said:

Wright was optioned on August 28th.  His 10 days expire on the 7 or 8th.  So him pitching on Sept 1st did no affect his call up.

Thanks, I didn't realize he'd been optioned as late as August 28.   He last pitched for the O's on the 25th.   

Archived