Joey Rickard, you have one job until the beginning of the regular season...

FanSince88

1 minute ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I don't think OOTP could do this.  I know it somehow accommodates shifts now, but I don't think you can set up five-man infields or two-man outfields.  There's very little empirical data to support that.

I know Davey Johnson did it once.

But they called him Dum Dum.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I know Davey Johnson did it once.

But they called him Dum Dum.

In the 1800s before unwritten rules and traditions became ossified and there were countless 5' 6" 135 pound batters, guys like King Kelly would pretty much play wherever they wanted.  Shifted from RF to 5th infield and back on a whim.

1 minute ago, DrungoHazewood said:

In the 1800s before unwritten rules and traditions became ossified and there were countless 5' 6" 135 pound batters, guys like King Kelly would pretty much play wherever they wanted.  Shifted from RF to 5th infield and back on a whim.

Kelly also inserted himself into the game at catcher while a pop up was in the air.

1 hour ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Praise the Lord! I've been ossiefied.

ossie-davis-03.jpg

• 5 months later...
21 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

(vs. D-RAYS, 6/30)

Rickard had a couple of excellent defensive plays in the 5th inning of tonight's game.

o

14 minutes ago, Nevermore said:

Plus, he hit a game-tying HR.

o

Plus, he hit an RBI-double earlier in the game to get the Orioles on the board in the first place.

o

• 8 months later...
4 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

March 14th, 2018 (Yesterday)

Now Rickard's job is to try to play well for AAA-Norfolk, and see if he can eventually work his way back up to the Majors.

o

A close-up I got of Joey last year when he was down in AAA. 

DSCN6989

Rickard needs to get back to being the guy that he was when we took him in the rule 5 draft. 

Where’s he going to play at AAA?  So now he’s blocking one of Stewart, Hays and Mullins?  I could see them starting Mullins in AA because of this. You can always rotate OFs but I’m sure they are trying to keep Presley too. 

Archived