Kevin Gausman is Ron Darling's candidate for top breakout player in 2017

Frobby

2 hours ago, Dark Helmet said:

Was it 2014 when he threw 6 no-hitter innings and was pulled? I wanna say it was on OD against the Rays.

Believe it or not, that was back in 2011, game 2 of the season.   He had a no hitter going but had thrown 101 pitches through 6.

o

I think that Gausman had somewhat of a breakout season last year.

He had 18 quality starts in 30 outings, an ERA well under 4 (3.61), and he had a streak of 20 consecutive scoreless innings late in the season. 

I'm as excited as anyone to see him pitch this season. 

15 minutes ago, weams said:

Ron Darling, a Yale graduate.

My brother went to a Mets-Red Sox World Series game in 1986.    He had bad seats but kept noticing there were a couple of empty seats a few rows up from the Mets dugout.   After a few innings, he moved over there.    Turns out he was sitting adjacent to Ron Darling's parents, and Darling was pitching!    Said they were very nice -- and needless to say, very excited.    Darling pitched 7 shutout innings and was the winning pitcher, so it was a good night for them!

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

My brother went to a Mets-Red Sox World Series game in 1986.    He had bad seats but kept noticing there were a couple of empty seats a few rows up from the Mets dugout.   After a few innings, he moved over there.    Turns out he was sitting adjacent to Ron Darling's parents, and Darling was pitching!    Said they were very nice -- and needless to say, very excited.    Darling pitched 7 shutout innings and was the winning pitcher, so it was a good night for them!

Very nice. Cool in fact. 

Archived