Tillman is Back

backwardsk

48 minutes ago, ELMERO said:

Ya know, I'll bet your statement raised a lot of eyebrows and if this comes to fruition, most fans will be wringing their hands over it.  Giving Ubaldo the OD assignment would be the supreme vote of confidence from Buck.  It would be like a movie script.  The drama would be huge!  It would be fascinating to anticipate the crowd's reaction, when his name is announced during the OD ceremonies.  If you have a heart in your chest, ya gotta feel compassion and love for this guy.  We all know how likable he is, as a person and how devastated he felt, watching that Encarnacion ball fly into the stands.  So, yeah, Can of Corn, I agree with ya.  The ultimate chance at redemption against the same team that crushed all our hopes last year.  I have faith in Ubaldo's ability, his heart. to meet the challenge and the Karma this scenerio would afford.  Good call, Can of Corn!

What if he throws a complete game?

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It did not feel good in December. He told the staff and had the injection on Dec 22. He says if feels better now and has tossed four times. According to Chris it was not a new injury. 

“It’s a real mature approach and I think he trusts us and knows us,” Showalter said. “A lot of guys don’t feel comfortable coming to somebody and saying that. They just go, ‘Oh, that will go away. I’ll work through it," and all of a sudden it’s April 1 and we’ve got a problem. Then the team has a problem, and that’s all you need to know about Chris."

On 2/14/2017 at 7:24 PM, Frobby said:

Tillman only visited the minicamp because he lives in Sarasota in the offseason.    The invitees were the younger pitchers.   He was interviewed by the press but didn't disclose his PRP injection, which was in December.    Nor did he mention it at Fanfest.    It was kept secret (from the public, not the team), intentionally so, I believe.   

Helps their bargaining position for like Ynoa or anyone else they were talking about. If Chris is A-OK then "we're just looking for some depth here."

38 minutes ago, George Zuverink said:

I have a question about the PRP injection process. Is there something invasive about the process itself that requires an extended healing periods or is it a matter of giving the injection long enough to show its effect?

IANAD! But I think it's to let the shot take effect. It is just a shot after all. Needle in the shoulder.

While O’Day has reported to camp in excellent health, projected opening day starter Chris Tillman is expected to begin the season on the disabled list.

“As a guy who’s been through two shoulder (injuries), hurts so bad you can’t throw, yeah, I’ve been there twice. And I’ve come back from it,” O’Day said.

“You can come back from it. You’ve just got to strengthen it. I have full confidence. Chris is in good hands. You can see how much time he puts in the training room doing exercises and stuff. We’re confident he’ll be back in time to help us quite a bit.”

- Roch

8 hours ago, George Zuverink said:

I have a question about the PRP injection process. Is there something invasive about the process itself that requires an extended healing periods or is it a matter of giving the injection long enough to show its effect?

The latter, is my understanding.  

4 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I read that it sometimes takes several weeks for PRP before the patient feels the benefits from it.

Or, after several weeks it gets better on its own.

Do actual medical studies proving the effectiveness of the varioius PRP treatments exist?

Here is one for Knee Osteoarthritis.

Not seeing much for shoulder tendonitis.

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Or, after several weeks it gets better on its own.

Do actual medical studies proving the effectiveness of the varioius PRP treatments exist?

Here is one for Knee Osteoarthritis.

Not seeing much for shoulder tendonitis.

Good point, as with most medical procedures, results are varied and is not always an exact science.

Over the years, I have had cortisone injections into my spinal canal for sciatic nerve damage.

Sometimes the results are fabulous and effective and other times MEH.

I suspect PRP might be similar, but thats just my uneducated opinion.

Archived