Grade the O's offseason

Frobby

27 minutes ago, FlipTheBird said:

Eh, so it was one and not two like I though. Point being, there's an enormous window left to retain him. "Not discussing an extension with Schoop" seemed a strange thing to be upset about for this offseason.

So you consider two a few?  Interesting, I personally use couple for two and few for three.

You can see where that could lead to confusion in this instance.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/20/2017 at 8:13 PM, Frobby said:

With the Bourn addition today, I think our offseason's about done.   To recap:

Outfield:  Picked Tavarez and Santander in the Rule 5 draft, traded for Seth Smith, signed Gentry, Bourn, Choice and Washington to MiL deals.   Didn't re-sign Reimold.  

Pitching:  Traded Gallardo away, traded for Verret, Ynoa and Nuno.   Non-tendered Worley.   DFA'd McFarland, waiting to see if he clears waivers     

Catching:  Didn't QO Wieters, signed Castillo for 1/$6mm plus player option at $7 mm.   DFA'd Pena, who wasn't claimed and remains in the organization.  

DH:  Didn't re-sign Alvarez, instead signing Trumbo for 3/$37.5mm (he presumably will also play some OF).

IF: Signed Giovatella, Andino, Johnson and Francisco to MiL deals.    

I'm sure I've omitted some MiL deals, but these seem like the key transactions.

I don't think I can post a poll right now, but how do you see the offseason at this point?    I'd give Dan a solid B.     Not a ton of earth-shaking moves, but I think he's presented Buck with a lot of flexibility.     

F. We did nothing to really upgrade the team to really contend with redsox and Yankees 

Archived