Ranking the O's starting depth

wildcard

40 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Better outing than we've been getting from most of our staff.   

That is a pretty low bar.    A lot of balls where hit hard right at fielders today.   He was not that impressive to me.    He may get another start because everyone else is terrible.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, wildcard said:

That is a pretty low bar.    A lot of balls where hit hard right at fielders today.   He was not that impressive to me.    He may get another start because everyone else is terrible.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

And that is all the justification necessary. But he has decent stuff. That's a pretty good team he faced.

15 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I didn't see much of the game.   Glad I didn't.  

8 hours ago, Tx Oriole said:

I wish there was more depth in the minors too. 

It seems to me that DD traded away much of our minor league pitching depth for various rentals. I think that EdRod, Ariel Miranda, and Zack Davies would all look good in Orioles uniforms. For that matter, Miguel Gonzalez would look good, but DD cut him for nothing, not even a rental. I am not saying that any of these would be TOR starters, but they would be a lot better than what we have now.

7 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I'm interested in people's rankings for our minor league starters competing for next year's 5th and probably 4th starter slots.

There is no minor league starters that is ready to begin the season in the O's rotation.     Ramirez, Hess, Long and Means maybe for the 2nd half.   I think the O's trade for a starter and Dan will add a couple of  starters with AAA experience for ST..

14 hours ago, Nevermore said:

It seems to me that DD traded away much of our minor league pitching depth for various rentals. I think that EdRod, Ariel Miranda, and Zack Davies would all look good in Orioles uniforms. For that matter, Miguel Gonzalez would look good, but DD cut him for nothing, not even a rental. I am not saying that any of these would be TOR starters, but they would be a lot better than what we have now.

And I think you are right.

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

There is no minor league starters that is ready to begin the season in the O's rotation.     Ramirez, Hess, Long and Means maybe for the 2nd half.   I think the O's trade for a starter and Dan will add a couple of  starters with AAA experience for ST..

And that's the rub. Who will he trade for some washedup starter? He will screwup the minors worse. I think there must be some in the minors that are ready to come up. At least I would think so. I rather watch some of them than for DD to pay top dollar for a pitcher that's passed his prime. No more Gallardos or Ubalados. Seems to me DD would learn. If it hasn't worked before then why keep trying to do the same damn thing? I know Angelos has thrown a wrench into the works but can't DD do a better job trading for a pitcher if that's what he will do? 

3 hours ago, Tx Oriole said:

And that's the rub. Who will he trade for some washedup starter? He will screwup the minors worse. I think there must be some in the minors that are ready to come up. At least I would think so. I rather watch some of them than for DD to pay top dollar for a pitcher that's passed his prime. No more Gallardos or Ubalados. Seems to me DD would learn. If it hasn't worked before then why keep trying to do the same damn thing? I know Angelos has thrown a wrench into the works but can't DD do a better job trading for a pitcher if that's what he will do? 

It's not just the Gallardod/Ubaldo's. It's the Parras and Andrew Miiiers (nice pitcher, but DD had no intention of keeping him). And cutting Gonzo loose while receiving nothing for him. I also have doubts about Hellickson, though it's early. But also, he's another rental. Does DD have any idea at all about rating pitchers, particularly starting pitchers? Maybe there is a good reason or two why he was out of baseball for so many years.

I have serious doubts that Angelos told DD to trade away/release starting pitching prospects for washed ups or rentals. . These were DD' s decisions. If Angelos were to tell DD to spend $200 million or more/multi year  for a TOR starter, I  have serious doubts about who DD would acquire.

11 minutes ago, Nevermore said:

It's not just the Gallardod/Ubaldo's. It's the Parras and Andrew Miiiers (nice pitcher, but DD had no intention of keeping him). And cutting Gonzo loose while receiving nothing for him. I also have doubts about Hellickson, though it's early. But also, he's another rental. Does DD have any idea at all about rating pitchers, particularly starting pitchers? Maybe there is a good reason or two why he was out of baseball for so many years.

I have serious doubts that Angelos told DD to trade away/release starting pitching prospects for washed ups or rentals. . These were DD' s decisions. If Angelos were to tell DD to spend $200 million or more/multi year  for a TOR starter, I  have serious doubts about who DD would acquire.

That's why I'd like DD gone. Buck too. Maybe being a GM for Mr. Angelos is a tough job. I do wish someone would come in a change things for the better. And he/she would hire a good manager. That probably want happen. Been a fan a long time. Would love to see them improve next year and go to a WS.

1 hour ago, Tx Oriole said:

That's why I'd like DD gone. Buck too. Maybe being a GM for Mr. Angelos is a tough job. I do wish someone would come in a change things for the better. And he/she would hire a good manager. That probably want happen. Been a fan a long time. Would love to see them improve next year and go to a WS.

I know that I want DD gone. Not sure about Buck, but that's up to the new GM.

o

2 Earned Runs over 4.33 Innings Pitched.

Ynoa recorded 3 Outs while throwing only 2 Strikes the 3rd Inning ........that's pretty rare.

In addition to the error that led to an unearned run in the 2nd inning, Manny Machado made a defensive gaffe that was ruled an infield single in the 4th, but Machado had time to glove the ball and throw the runner out (he chose to try to barehand it.)

13 OUTS: 5 Strikeouts, 3 Flyouts, 2 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 1 Foulout, 1 Lineout

GABRIEL YNOA  GOMEZ )))))) (vs. YANKEES, 9/15)

IP:lll4.33

H:lllll5 (1 Double, 4 Singles)

R:lllll3

ER:ll2

BB:ll2

SO:.ll5

Pitches: l) 64 )(36 )Strikes, )28 )Balls)

2017 ERA: l) 4.18

2017 WHIP: l) 1.437 )   23.67 IP  (34 H/BB)

2017 OPPONENTS BATTING AVERAGE: )l .299 (29 for 97)

PITCHES BY INNING

14 lll(91 llStrikes, lllllBalls)

19 lll(13 llStrikes, lllllBalls)

81 lll(61 llStrikes, lllllBalls)

16 llll(91 llStrikes, l.lllBalls)

71 llll(31 llStrikes, lllllBalls) ) *

* ) Ynoa recorded 1 out before departing in the 5th inning.

o

Archived