Pedro back. (Will he opt out?)

oriolesacox

14 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

They aren't going to keep Alvarez in AAA unless they want him to play OF in Norfolk fulltime to get reps. But for one season why bother? It makes more sense to slot Alvarez at DH and Trumbo back to the OF. 

Highly unlikely IMO.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

Rickard has options. I doubt he makes the OD roster. Buck likes veterans. They won't lose Bourn or whoever if they can stash Rickard in Triple A. 

Rickard has a .600 OBP so far this spring.  He is not going to AAA if he keeps that up.

I am enjoying reading everyone's thoughts.  Lots of moving pieces for sure. Gotta think that some of these OFers get released. What about Bourn?

I wish we had this depth for the starting staff, sigh. Has Fister signed anywhere yet? I'd give him a minor league deal with incentives easily. 

15 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

I am enjoying reading everyone's thoughts.  Lots of moving pieces for sure. Gotta think that some of these OFers get released. What about Bourn?

I wish we had this depth for the starting staff, sigh. Has Fister signed anywhere yet? I'd give him a minor league deal with incentives easily. 

I think Bourn makes the team. They could flip Smith for starting pitching depth. He won't get much. Other than Wieters, this is basically the same team as last year.

9 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

I don't think ST stats hold alot of water to Buck...good or bad. Rickard has options. That's the stat he and DD care about.

Joey can play defense in the outfield.  Trumbo and Pedro can't.  That is what Buck cares about.

15 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

Rickard is a Buck nugget and he's having a great ST again. Doubt he goes to AAA. Dont get all the Bourn worship. Smith and Gentry have better track records. 

Gentry has a better track record than Bourn? How do you accomplish that when you've never had 250 AB in a season? Not a Bourn fan, but that's not true.

8 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Joey can play defense in the outfield.  Trumbo and Pedro can't.  That is what Buck cares about.

Didn't seem to care that much about it to not run Trumbo out there as much as he did last year.   Maybe you mean, Buck cares about it after the experience of having Trumbo out there last year (and the other ones since Nick left). 

5 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

Rickard is a Buck nugget and he's having a great ST again. Doubt he goes to AAA. Dont get all the Bourn worship. Smith and Gentry have better track records. 

Gentry, Tavarez and Mancini fighting for two spots to open the season with 14 position players.  Pedro does not change that.

Archived