Adam "Real American Hero" Jones

ChuckS

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

If I can be contrarian just for a moment:  it's a very good catch, but this picture shows Jones really wasn't at full extension.  He's what, 18 inches off the ground?    It's a very good play but we've seen him make many tougher catches in his career.    

After that length run? With that level of efficiency?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Frobby said:

If I can be contrarian just for a moment:  it's a very good catch, but this picture shows Jones really wasn't at full extension.  He's what, 18 inches off the ground?    It's a very good play but we've seen him make many tougher catches in his career.    

Not sure about that when you consider the amount of ground he covered.  It probably isn't his best but I think it is top five or so.

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I hate it when Frobby is "contrarian" for even a minute!  Would Aneury Tavarez have made that catch?  ;-)

I'm enjoying the level of involvement baseball fans are having with the WBC. In the past Spring Training games have done much better, but this years it's like they "added" the WBC to March baseball. It's been around for years! It's baseball that matters in March.

23 minutes ago, bobmc said:

I hate it when Frobby is "contrarian" for even a minute!  Would Aneury Tavarez have made that catch?  ;-)

18 minutes ago, weams said:

Joe Rickard? 

I'll admit, he covered a lot of ground to get there.    Did Statcast give a catch probability?

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

It would be nice if he came through for us in the 2017 postseason the way he has in the WBC.    And I'm not saying that to be snarky -- maybe this great performance will allow Jones to relax when he's on the big stage for the Orioles.    This could be a harbinger of one of those magical career years.   

I was thinking the same thing...it could be a jump start.  Or....it could be the peak of his year and everything is downhill from this energized start...i hope for the former.  But what an Orioles moment!  Manny hitting and AJ robbing...just one of the all time best moments as an Orioles fan. 

Just now, RZNJ said:

You picked a strange time to be contrarian.  One of the best catches I've ever seen him make and a great catch.  Looks like full extension to me.  He was able to gather himself a bit before making the jump but I give it a 9 or 9.5 on a scale of 1-10 and it was a fairly big spot.

I'm with you on this.

Adam referenced the big stage in discussing the catch's relevance. 

7 hours ago, ba9oriole said:

The World Baseball Classic doesn't really matter, but why is Manny Machado playing for the Dominican team? He was born in the United States and is a U.S. Citizen. I think it's shameful all these players who reaped the benefits of being born United States and then show loyalty to a country they obviously don't like enough to live in.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/manny-machado-dominican-republic-world-baseball-classic/

Archived