Dylan Bundy 2017

Frobby

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Palmer gushing over Bundy. Palmer told Bundy he's really impressed with his ability to mix in pitches etc and his mentality/demeanor on the mound. Bundy said in high school he would start the game with back to back curves.

Bundy said he got that from his brother and father. His father told him don't show much emotion, keep composed, if your opponent sees you rattled or questioning yourself, they will see a opening, pounce on you and gain confidence themselves.

Bundy also added important to stay humble on the field and was praising Machado and Jones defense.

His demeanor on the mound for a young kid is easily his most impressive attribute.

He doesn't blink, he doesn't get rattled and he can throw anything at any time.

I couldn't be more impressed. With that said, Buck needs to ease up on running him back out and pushing him every single game.

He ran out of gas last year, we don't need a repeat of that again this year.

1 minute ago, dan-O said:

Noticed the increase in fastballs this outing. Bundy's an interesting guy to watch pitch, partly because of the injury history. Like did he try to use more fastballs because he felt better about the fastball, or to give the Sox a different look, or because all the breaking balls were making his arm sore? We'll never know and I suppose it doesn't matter because he's pitching so well.

The fact that this was the Sox third look at him and they still couldn't figure him out says a lot.

I think that last paragraph is the key takeaway from last night.

o

18 OUTS: o 6 Flyouts, 3 Strikeouts, 3 Groundouts, 3 Lineouts, 2 Foulouts, 1 Popout

DYLAN MATTHEW BUNDY ))))))) (vs. WHITE SOX, 5/06) )) [  

IP:;).ll) 6

H:)l..).  6 )(1 Home Run, 1 Double, 4 Singles)

R:ll)lll) 3

BB:.lll) 1

SO:l)..ll3

Pitches: )  105 )(68 )Strikes, .37)Balls)

2017 ERA: 2.170)

2017 WHIP: )l 1.051 )  45.67 Innings, 48 H/BB

2017 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: l) .230 )  37  for 161  

PITCHES BY INNING

81 .))(61..Strikes,  )l.21 )lllBalls)

17 .lll(12 llStrikes,  )l)51  lllBalls)

16 .lll(11..Strikes,  lll.51 l))Balls)

26 .)ll(16 llStrikes,  )l.91  lllBalls)

23 .)ll(13 llStrikes,  ))10  llllBalls)

15 .)ll(10 .lStrikes,  )l.61  lllBalls)

o

I was at the game.    Didn't think Bundy had his best stuff, but he mixed his pitches well and stayed ahead of hitters.    He allowed 3 runs, but Mancini's poor defense on a relatively routine fly to LF led to two of them.    

He's remarkable-- pitches like seasoned veteran. Had a couple of beautiful changeups tonight, the fastball looked better.  Had a little trouble putting hitters away with two strikes, and the paucity of Ks is a concern.  He really keeps guys off balance, though.

Asche's homerun came on pitch 102.  That makes opponents 6-for-8 with 2 doubles and a homerun off Bundy when he's over 100 pitches.  I know Buck had a comfortable lead there and wanted to get through 6. But I think he needs to be careful with the youngster this year.   

I wouldn't be surprised if later in the year we find out that he slider is hurting his arm a bit again.  I know he said he didn't throw it so much because didn't have it tonight,  but I didn't see him try so much.  

Archived