Trade Kim and replace him with Mancini

Diehard_O's_Fan

3 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

Are the Orioles going to be forced to send him to Norfolk when Joey comes back? I sure hope not. I don't think you have any choice but to trade Kim.

I don't think there's any way they can send Mancini back to the minors right now.    It's a pleasant dilemma.    

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

Are the Orioles going to be forced to send him to Norfolk when Joey comes back? I sure hope not. I don't think you have any choice but to trade Kim.

Joey does not have to come back.

1 hour ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

We have plenty of options. We could send Rickard to the minors. We could cut Gentry.

Kim has proven that he can get on base at the MLB level against RHP. Despite a hot start from some others players, we have had a lot of trouble in that respect over the past few years. Unless Kim is bringing back a significant return, which he likely won't, why should we rush to do anything? It's April 16th.

1 minute ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Could they send Joey back?

Just now, TheWall said:

We have plenty of options. We could send Rickard to the minors. We could cut Gentry.

Kim has proven that he can get on base at the MLB level against RHP. Despite a hot start from some others players, we have had a lot of trouble in that respect over the past few years. Unless Kim is bringing back a significant return, which he likely won't, why should we rush to do anything? It's April 16th.

Right now the choice is between Joey and Gentry IMO.

Just now, El Gordo said:

Right now the choice is between Joey and Gentry IMO.

Agreed. I suspect they'll let Rickard rehab in the minors before making a decision on Gentry. Playing time will be awkward in Cincinnati without the DH.

2 minutes ago, Chavez Ravine said:

If the qualifications for the Rickard/Gentry spot are defense and pinch runner I think Gentry has the edge. But Buck loves Joey.  They are going to string this out as long as possible.

The thing is we won't lose Joey sending him down but we will lose Gentry. 

1 minute ago, SilverRocket said:

Does Rickard bring anything to the table that Gentry doesn't? It seems they have the same skill set, and Rickard has options.

Rickard should bring a better bat. Also, he's got more "potential".

IMO, Buck's fondness for Rickard is unhealthy. He's not that great a hitter, and he's not that great a defender. He's also not that great a baserunner. I think Gentry is the better player, and I think Kim is the better hitter. I don't think Rickard really has that much potential, to be honest. But I could be wrong. 

Archived