Buster Olney on Machado plunking, Red Sox deserve all the blame

xian4

He's 100% correct.  The Red Sox and their media contingent are a bunch of nancies.  Machado's slide was accidental, at worst he mistimed his slide trying to break up the double play.  Pedroia's okay in my book, but the rest of them can take a long walk off a short pier.

2 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

Pedro Martinez: I Would Have 'Drilled' Manny Machado for High Slide on Dustin Pedroia

(By Scott Lauber)

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/19267081/pedro-martinez-says-drilled-manny-machado-sliding-dustin-pedroia

o

Martinez was a great pitcher, but everyone knows he says stupid things at precisely the wrong times. He's been worthless as an ESPN commentator, but that's to be expected.

1 minute ago, MurphDogg said:

Yup, Bundy definitely wanted to put a runner on so Hanley Ramirez could potentially tie the game.

Yeah it was obvious that he wasn't throwing at Ramirez on purpose given that. I mean I get why RS fans would be upset but know the context stupid, beaning Ramirez puts the tying run on for Moreland who has home run power.

On 4/29/2017 at 0:33 PM, LA2 said:

Martinez was a great pitcher, but everyone knows he says stupid things at precisely the wrong times. He's been worthless as an ESPN commentator, but that's to be expected.

And he tossed a 75 year old man to the ground, Martinez should probably stay out of this discussion.  I missed the game last night, but after reading the ESPN article, it definitively seems like ESPN just trying to get some more page views. 

3 minutes ago, murph said:

And he tossed a 75 year old man to the ground, Martinez should probably stay out of this discussion.  I missed the game last night, but after reading the ESPN article, it definitively seems like ESPN just trying to get some more page view. 

The guy was charging at him. Not sure what else Pedro should have done in that situation. Is he supposed to run from a 75 year-old man? He would never hear the end of it.

Archived