Pedro Alvarez Scouting Report -- Draft Preview

I've completed my Pedro Alvarez scouting report -- he graded out as an A and currently sits on top of the draft board. I'm turning to T-Bex, Matusz and Crow tomorrow. Thoughts?

No link. :D

I know the site and went to see... nice report although I find it a bit much to label Alvarez as an 'A" player and Smoak as a 'B+'. I don't think there is much difference, at all, between them. Just my take, but good report as always. :)

I know the site and went to see... nice report although I find it a bit much to label Alvarez as an 'A" player and Smoak as a 'B+'. I don't think there is much difference, at all, between them. Just my take, but good report as always. :)

I don't think Alvarez drops to us, but if he does I doubbt we pass on him.

I would be ecstatic if we took Smoak. I am a big Matusz fan, but I think we would really regret not taking Smoak at #4.

Markakis, Jones, Wieters, Smoak would be an awesone offensive core.

I don't think Alvarez drops to us, but if he does I doubbt we pass on him.

I would be ecstatic if we took Smoak. I am a big Matusz fan, but I think we would really regret not taking Smoak at #4.

Markakis, Jones, Wieters, Smoak would be an awesone offensive core.

I agree with all of this.

I admit I am a little bullish on Alvarez -- I think it's because I believe he'll be able to play any of 3B/LF/RF/1B. If he ends up moving to 1st (which he absolutely might) he'd drop to an B+ range. I've loved his game since the beginning of last year and haven't come off it. I guess you could call him "My Hosmer" ;)

I admit I am a little bullish on Alvarez -- I think it's because I believe he'll be able to play any of 3B/LF/RF/1B. If he ends up moving to 1st (which he absolutely might) he'd drop to an B+ range. I've loved his game since the beginning of last year and haven't come off it. I guess you could call him "My Hosmer" ;)

That's cool. I am a big fan of Alvarez as well, although I am a bit concerned with his play after the injury. It shouldn't affect him permanently... at all really, but until he starts raking again I do have-- again, a slight concern.

The O's just may be the one's who are the benefactors of his future rakiness. :D

That's cool. I am a big fan of Alvarez as well, although I am a bit concerned with his play after the injury. It shouldn't affect him permanently... at all really, but until he starts raking again I do have-- again, a slight concern.

The O's just may be the one's who are the benefactors of his future rakiness. :D

Same here, which is why I got a bit higher on Hosmer. I just think with the core we are building now a college player is a better pick in the 1st round this year.

It's a shame he misses out on his junior year, but there shouldn't be concerns that his power won't return. He stated he doesn't feel comfortable with his swing right now -- I'm confident he'll work and fine-tune until he's back in his comfort zone.

Archived