Manny furious after the game

ArtVanDelay

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

I pretty strongly disagree with those hoping for any retaliation beyond winning more games. Whether it be throwing at the Sox, mound charging, or bat throwing. I don't want players injured or suspended on either side, Manny most of all. 

Hopefully the Red Sox finally realize it's better for this to be done with. 

Well said, we need ALL of our players healthy and competing.

18 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

I pretty strongly disagree with those hoping for any retaliation beyond winning more games. Whether it be throwing at the Sox, mound charging, or bat throwing. I don't want players injured or suspended on either side, Manny most of all. 

If anything happens, it won't be until later on in the game. There's inevitably going to be a pre-game warning tonight, and neither club will want its starting pitcher tossed in the 1st or 2nd. Just from a strategic perspective.

Once we get into the 7th or 8th, though, it could be an "All bets are off" situation if one team is ahead by more than 2-3 runs.

33 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

I agree with this, although I do want certain Boston players suspended, i.e. Sale and Barnes.

10 hours ago, LA2 said:

Palmer implied it was intentional, in his MASN wrap-up of *Tuesday's* game, saying that Bundy did what he apparently thought he had to do. He was glad that he and Sale at least didn't throw at the batter's head.

Yes indeed. There is no chance that Bundy hit Betts on accident. 

31 minutes ago, Cumberbundy said:

Yes indeed. There is no chance that Bundy hit Betts on accident. 

Recap:

Manny slides ugly into 2B: not inentional

Ed-Rod throws inside three times to Manny: intentional

Barnes throws at Manny's head: intentional

Bundy hits Betts in the butt: intentional

Sale throws behind Manny: intentional

Red Sox are up +2 in the get even department.

12 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

Recap:

Undoubtedly 

4 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

If the Orioles take the high ground and don't retaliate, all will be well. The Sox believed the Orioles were owed a pitch from Mookie being hit. The Orioles thought that pitch evened things from Manny being hit. At some point someone has to take the high road. It's never going to be square for both sides.

Manny has done a lot to maintain restraint. Even with the f-bombs he is winning the public relations war. He is going to come out of this as the most popular player in MLB, and he is showing that he is mature enough to recognize that is going to help get him paid more than Harper.

That said, if Ubaldo were to throw at Mookie again and get thrown out and suspended I would not be terribly upset. Much rather lose Ubaldo than Manny. There are many scenarios for accountability that don't involve Manny getting suspended.

Ubaldo would probably try to throw at someone and the ball would end up over the middle of the plate.

19 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

Recap:

Time to put it to bed.    By the way, I think Manny was quoted as saying that he did not think EdRod  was throwing at him intentionally, though I can't find the quote now.  

5 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

The Healing in Boston Lasted Exactly Two Minutes, Eight Seconds

(By Scott Lauber)

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/19301158/the-healing-boston-lasted-exactly-two-minutes-eight-seconds

o

The crowd started the applause. Some Red Sox joined in because of it.

You know players on that team were thinking... oh fudge...are we still doing this now with Manny? 

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Time to put it to bed.    By the way, I think Manny was quoted as saying that he did not think EdRod  was throwing at him intentionally, though I can't find the quote now.  

So if Manny wears one in the first...

Let it go?

2 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Let it go?

The only appropriate response then is for Buck to charge Farrell, or what Frobby says below. :)

Just now, backwardsk said:

Let it go?

If Manny wears one in the first, the pitcher will be ejected so fast your head will spin.    Let the umps deal with it.    

Pom

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

If Manny wears one in the first, the pitcher will be ejected so fast your head will spin.    Let the umps deal with it.    

I'm not a retaliation guy.  Not a "code" guy.  

Why wouldn't Boston just bring in Hendricks and pitch Pomerenz tomorrow?

11 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Not just the pitcher Farrell will get an extended vacation. I doubt he's that dumb.

Archived