Manny furious after the game

ArtVanDelay

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

So if Manny wears one in the first...

Let it go?

Trade all players for Degrom, Matz and Syndergaard, let them heal up, wait for our last game of the season in Fenway, have them throw as many FBs into their dugout as they can. 

2 minutes ago, notfast said:

Rosenthal with Torre's thoughts

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/baltimore-orioles-boston-red-sox-joe-torre-manny-machado-adam-jones-racism-fans-fenway-park-ken-rosenthal-050317

Looks like Sale will be suspended...my guess is its the "less then time between a start" BS

I'm really surprised they'll suspend Sale.  If it's less than 5 games, then it's all for show. 

If they are serious, they need to make an example of how they implement suspensions for SPs.

12 minutes ago, notfast said:

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/baltimore-orioles-boston-red-sox-joe-torre-manny-machado-adam-jones-racism-fans-fenway-park-ken-rosenthal-050317

Looks like Sale will be suspended...my guess is its the "less then time between a start" BS

I am surprised that Torre was as open as he was about how he interpreted the actions of Manny, Bundy and Sale, though I agree with him in all three cases.

I'm ready to move on.    Thankfully, nobody got seriously hurt in any of this.    Time to end it.

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

Right now the Sox are the bad guys and cry babies.   Let's keep it that way.   However, if Manny gets thrown at again and nothing happens, you go after Pedroia every time the ball comes close to one of our guys and see how Petey and the Sox deal with it.    Then Manny can tell Pedroia that "It's not me!".

That's not the way to handle it. Why hit Pedroia? He is not the bad guy in this. Like Frobby said let the umpires handle it. 

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

If Manny wears one in the first, the pitcher will be ejected so fast your head will spin.    Let the umps deal with it.    

If Drew Pomeranz is fool enough to get himself thrown out of the first inning of a game, I'd hope that the Orioles give him a "Bronx Cheer" standing O as he walks off the field, and then just laugh.

2 minutes ago, FlipTheBird said:

If Drew Pomeranz is fool enough to get himself thrown out of the first inning of a game, I'd hope that the Orioles give him a "Bronx Cheer" standing O as he walks off the field, and then just laugh.

Then he'd just pitch tomorrow instead.

Just now, FlipTheBird said:

Or after his suspension, which would be an absolute if he were to plunk Machado in the first tonight.

Point being, IF anything's going to happen tonight, it'd be in the 7th or 8th, I'd wager, after one team has pulled ahead. No one's going to do something stupid early and miss the greater chunk of the game.

The solution to this problem is to throw at Pedoria every time he bats.  Then after Pedoria is hit for four or five pitches he could tell his pitchers that he doesn't need their help defending him anymore. 

26 minutes ago, notfast said:

At least they have addressed the issue. Enough is enough. Reading the headline I thought Sale would get suspended. Reading the article it sounds more like a fine/warning.  

By having this discussion even though they haven't sent out warnings before the game technically in reality they have.  

1 hour ago, backwardsk said:

So if Manny wears one in the first...

Let it go?

Yes. If both teams have been warned before the game and Manny is thrown at then the pitcher is tossed. If Manny goes nuts and charges the mound then he could get tossed too. The O's need Manny. Cooler heads are needed. 

Archived