Fun with optionable pitchers

Frobby

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

In his next to last inning, Ynoa had some type of "injury" (maybe what a 3 year old would call a booboo or an ow-ie), and the trainers came out to look at him for a couple minutes.   He took a couple warmup pitches and stayed in the game.

That sets the table for them claiming he is injured tomorrow, and then instead of sending him to the minors for 10 days, they can DL him for 10 days and bring up ANYBODY (Wilson, Aquino, Asher, etc).

Did you watch post game? Buck smirked when asked about him being a DL possibility.  

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, eddie83 said:

Did you watch post game? Buck smirked when asked about him being a DL possibility.  

Nah, I decided to fire up the DVR.   I'm two episodes behind on Americans, two on Fargo, and one on Better Call Saul.

12 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

I'd give Tillman another milb start.  Bring back Asher on Sunday. 

Is that allowed?   I think minor league rehab stints are limited to 21 days or something like that and Tillman would be over that.

I THINK....maybe someone who knows all the rule nuances can correct me if I am wrong.

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

Is that allowed?   I think minor league rehab stints are limited to 21 days or something like that and Tillman would be over that.

I THINK....maybe someone who knows all the rule nuances can correct me if I am wrong.

20 days for position players and 30 days for pitchers. They could also claim a new injury and reset that clock.

24 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

I think Britton for sure will go on the DL. Miley should not have to go on the DL. I would hate to be one of the players on the Norfolk Express. However, it makes it very exciting for us fans. Are the Orioles the only MLB that do this?

Yeah the Os are really the only team that willingly moves so many pieces. Of course, most teams have at least 4 starters they can count on. 

DD is like Harry Houdini.  He jumps in a tank, handcuffed in a mailbag, by trading away a bunch of pitching, and then escapes with guys like Asher, Wilson, and Ynoa.  Pretty amazing so far.

Houdini didn't die by drowning, did he?  Never mind.  Just looked it up.  Punched in the stomach.  Yeah, we're good!

1 hour ago, Crazysilver03 said:

Yeah the Os are really the only team that willingly moves so many pieces. Of course, most teams have at least 4 starters they can count on. 

Most teams don't lose their starter before 20 pitches twice in 3 days because of a lame ejection and two balls that hit the pitcher.

Buck talked about holding someone back in Norfolk last night.  He was praising Ron Johnson and the organizational communication.  My guess, based on box scores, is that he was referring to Verrett.  I wouldn't be surprised if he's the one to replace Britton.

Keep Ynoa up today in case you need Ubaldo out of the bullpen.  If you don't need Ubaldo tonight, send Ynoa down for Britton.

Once Tillman is up, they should address the 14 position players.  I'd send Mancini down to give him steady ABs and reps in RF.

Archived