Who gets sent down tomorrow for Tillman?

Diehard_O's_Fan

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I expect Chrichton so they can continue to buy time with the current offensive roster. 

I would not have a problem with DFAing Gentry. Yeah, it's nice to use him as a defensive replacement, but the bat is generally a zero and I've never been convinced he's one of our 25 most helpful players. If they decide to option Rickard and keep Gentry for the same role that's ok too, though I think Rickard is a bit better. 

3 minutes ago, capyy said:

I hope they figure out a way to keep gentry. Second best outfielder, only base stealing threat. I think his bat will come around eventually. 

I don't see us losing him when they can option Joey or Trey. Trey was big tonight but has cooled off. Not like he was first 2 weeks of year. 

Why all this Gentry hate/dislike??

If you go by OPS, Gentry is a better batter than:

Mark Trumbo

Joey Rickard

J J Hardy

Caleb Joseph

Ryan Flaherty

Not to mention that he is a better defender and baserunner than some of those with a worse OPS.

2 minutes ago, thezeroes said:

Mark Trumbo

Joey Rickard

J J Hardy

Caleb Joseph

Ryan Flaherty

Not to mention that he is a better defender and baserunner than some of those with a worse OPS.

He's not Joey or Trey. Or Kim even. 

1 hour ago, Roy Firestone said:

why would they DFA Kim? btw, I am not wexpecting much from Tillman on Sunday. He looks very hitable in his rehab outings...

Yes, but so did every one of our AAA guys who have come up and done well.    

7 minutes ago, thezeroes said:

Mark Trumbo

Joey Rickard

J J Hardy

Caleb Joseph

Ryan Flaherty

Yeah, if you're only looking at OPS of the past five weeks. But .600ish is still pretty bad and he hasn't been much above that since 2013. If there was a 26 man roster, I'd be all for keeping him. And if they find a way to hold on to him by continuing to juggle the pitching staff, great. I just think they're going to have to drop one of the outfielders sooner or later, and I think Gentry contributes the least value of the bunch. But Rickard is pretty similar and we don't risk losing him by sending him down, so I'm fine with that option as well. 

Archived