Does Dan Panic and Rush An Arm?

Can_of_corn

Could we be getting to the point that Dan rushes someone like Scott or Sedlock to the majors in an effort to shore up the pen?  I don't think it was a coincidence that led the O's to draft a bunch of college arms last year.

Dan can't afford to let this season get away.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

You think someone that can move the needle will be available?

I said a couple weeks ago that I'd like to see us use Sedlock like how Houston uses Chris Devenski.  August would probably be the earlier possible time frame, though.  Obviously I wouldn't expect him to be half as dominant as Devenski, but it would be a big boost to the pen if he was reliable in that role.

3 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

What could be get for Pena, a minor leaguer, some Boog sandwiches, and a few bushel of crabs from Aberdeen?

Kim too. 

30 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

You think someone that can move the needle will be available?

A. J. Ramos..arb eligible still, but making 6.5 mil as closer for last place Marlins...

I don't think Sedlock has shown anything to remotely suggest he could help our major league team right now.     

A Scott call-up wouldn't shock me, though I think it would be premature.     He's only walked one guy in his last two outings (6 IP).

Bottom line is they really haven't tried an internal option yet. I guess you could say Asher. When you have a 6 man pen and constantly sending guys up and down. Need to give someone internally a chance along with Asher to be bridge men to the back end. The back end just have to hope for the best and matchup. 

3 hours ago, tntoriole said:

Trade is coming...I can feel it. 

Only two problems with a trade:

1. Nobody has an excess of proven ML pitching talent (unless you count injured pitchers). 

2. So far as I can tell, nobody would pay much for what we might trade: a catcher, an overpaid 1B/DH and Kim.

Maybe we can get a young P with serious flaws or another AAAA arm, but that's about it. 

Archived