TT: After Crazy game, roster moves loom

Tony-OH

37 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

It's going to get interesting if Ubaldo is pulled after 3 innings tonight.  I was expecting 2 pitchers to get added to the roster today.  

Me too.    I don't get it.  

30 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Hart is a bad matchup with Detroit and Toronto. Makes sense.  

I think this is the biggest thing.  We really don't need a LOOGY right now and Hart was struggling in a larger role.  But Hart as a LOOGY offers more value than keeping an extra position player on the bench each night.  

I like the "stuff" that Chricton and Castro bring to the pen.  Seems like the Norfolk shuttle ran out of steam with Asher and Bleier pitching well last night(luck?) and the only options as a long guy being Aquino.  

4 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I think this is the biggest thing.  We really don't need a LOOGY right now and Hart was struggling in a larger role.  But Hart as a LOOGY offers more value than keeping an extra position player on the bench each night.  

I like the "stuff" that Chricton and Castro bring to the pen.  Seems like the Norfolk shuttle ran out of steam with Asher and Bleier pitching well last night(luck?) and the only options as a long guy being Aquino.  

They need the B Train from Bowie at this rate.

20 minutes ago, LA2 said:

He can throw a lot of fastballs in a row, that's for sure.

I thought he mixed well and put it over the plate for strikes which has always been his issue.  He had decent movement on fastball as well with some sink.

7 hours ago, bpilktree said:

I thought he mixed well and put it over the plate for strikes which has always been his issue.  He had decent movement on fastball as well with some sink.

I am, of course, very glad he came in and got all three batters out after the lead-off double yielded by Bleier. He didn't nibble and didn't seem put out by having to use 22 pitches to get the last two hitters.

That said, it's only one outing we've seen, but a reason why he needed 12 pitches (11 strikes, 1 ball) to strike out Iglesias and then 10 pitches (8 strikes) to get Kinsler to ground out is because of the lack of good non-fastball pitches. They just kept fouling his pitches off expecting eventually to get the exact fastball they wanted. Lots of them were generally in the middle of the strike zone and some of his sliders didn't slide and were almost indistinguishable from fastballs.

Once word gets out that he has only a fastball, albeit one that, as you said, has some pop and a bit (not a lot) of movement in it, I'll be interested in seeing whether he can be successful. He may have enough to be a reliever, 2 innings max.

Archived