Sun article on who the O's may draft

For those not catching the joke, or noticing the 3 emotes at the end... Gniddik is 'Kidding' backwards.

Sorry Elon, a lil fun at your expense. ;):P

I did a similar thing last year, having some fun with everyone, and Markpolis in particular... as I took his name and created a superstar HS pitcher named Sil Opkram. ;)

Haha Funny:laughlol:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
San Diego outscored their opponents 242-153 over 35 games at home and 145-100 over 25 games on the road.

So there were an average of 11.29 runs per game scored at home and 9.8 runs per game scored on the road. That would mean their home park had a park effect of 115, meaning it actually increased scoring by 15%.

That's probably not very accurate though, and may even be downright worthless. Park effects were originally calculated that way (home runs / away runs x 100%) for MLB games during balanced schedules and no interleague play. When the levels of the teams you played at home and on the road were roughly equal. That obviously wouldn't be the case for a college team, who plays their "cupcakes" at home and doesn't schedule as many road games. The stats here bear that out, SD outscored their opponents by 2.54 runs a game at home, but only by 1.8 runs per game at home.

So I think I just wasted 10 minutes.

Missouri's park factor from 04 - 07 was 137, while the park factor for stadiums Missouri played in was 123. San Diego on the other hand was 91 and 93.

Archived