2017 12th round pick (368): Tucker Baca - LHP - St. Katherine College

The Orioles go with a lefty pitcher in the 12th round from Saint Katherine College in California. 

LHP - 6'4", 190 - DOB: 06/17/96

2017 Statistics:

G	W	L	ERA	IP	H	BB	K   	K/9     BB/9

15	0	0	9.64	14	10	24	24	15.42	15.42

Hard to find stats from St. Katherine, but according to ASU's website, he was: 

• Ranked #70 2017 College Prospects by D1Baseball.com

But that was before the transfer. He didn't seem to get much usage at ASU though, which may have been why he left. 

2 minutes ago, lovetoaster said:

Hard to find stats from St. Katherine, but according to ASU's website, he was: 

• Ranked #70 2017 College Prospects by D1Baseball.com

But that was before the transfer. He didn't seem to get much usage at ASU though, which may have been why he left. 

I bet there is an interesting story there.

Kid from Georgia says it's his dream to play at ASU then he transfers to a tiny christian orthodox school in Cali.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Kid from Georgia says it's his dream to play at ASU then he transfers to a tiny christian orthodox school in Cali.

Haha...I'm trying to piece it together but I am failing at this point. 

Maybe it had something to do with Tom Brunansky, since his son is at St. Katherine and he is on the coaching staff. Makes as much sense as anything else on the surface. Haha. 

3 minutes ago, lovetoaster said:

Haha...I'm trying to piece it together but I am failing at this point. 

Maybe it had something to do with Tom Brunansky, since his son is at St. Katherine and he is on the coaching staff. Makes as much sense as anything else on the surface. Haha. 

Better than anything I've come up with.

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

This has been really, really odd draft so far with all these college seniors and off the wall selectees like this one.

They might be finally (sic) "beleive ing" AJ's mantra that we need grinders like Cedric - cheap guys with heart. Hoping to see Yaz Jr. for the next Fenway series.

14 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Nicknamed (wait for it) "Chew" by his also non-using teammates....

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

One of my roommates in Germany dated a girl in another unit that chewed.  And yes we called her Chewie.

Ewwww...lmao. I knew a pin-up model who won tons of bikini contests here in Central Florida that dipped. She was hot hot hot, but she'd throw in a lipper right after the contest. Country girls...

Archived